Master warning light on ....CAR WILL NOT START ......after sitting for a week ...2011 kizashi sls

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
skirby

My car was at the mechanics while I found out about flushing vs drain and fill for the cvt..The car would not start they tried to jump. MASTER WARNING WITH ...HILLHOLDER OFF ...CHECK ENGINE AND POWER STEERING.....HOW CAN I GET THE CAR TO START.....I AWD.....pulled codes for crank sensor ....power steering.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Ronzuki

Any idea as to the state of the battery? Did it crank, fire, and run normally prior to leaving it at the mechanic's place? Had it been used regularly prior to the week off? Not sure where you're at but It's been very, occasionally brutally, hot around here this summer...just finished up the our 4th heat-wave, which can stress old weak batteries.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
skirby

Put in a brand new battery ....still nothing. when you hit the start button it makes the initial sounds....then it does not crank....the master warning light comes on and it lights up ALL of the warnings.....I think it is electrical ...not the starter. I have read about similar issues but the car did start. I am curious if there is a lock out feature to the master warning system...and if there is how how do I disable it
Sasha-CR

If you can get someone with a scanner to clear the codes, or take the battery terminal off and apply the brakes a few times, maybe the ECU will reset enough to allow a proper crank condition?
Ronzuki

Ronzuki wrote: Did it crank, fire, and run normally prior to leaving it at the mechanic's place? Had it been used regularly prior to the week off?
Again...^^^^^^^^^^^
Ron

old tech

Ronzuki is trying to get you to confirm that your very important battery is good. A step that cant be overlooked on the Kizashi. I would also advise you to give the exact trouble codes when applicable and probably a picture of the warning in the dash display if you want help that has the best chance of hitting the nail on the head. I did have a situation awhile back on a 2011 Kizashi and it was the ESL (electronic steering lock) that failed to move after sitting for a couple weeks. I would remove the dash panel and lightly tap ESL with a small hammer and make it lock and unlock cycling push button start and opening driver door a bunch of times then try to start. Another KIzashi I had , the alternator froze up and engine could be turned backward easily but wouldnt turn forward and burned up a good starter because of it.
KringKisashi

Having the same issues, car will make clicks and other sounds, but starter won’t engage at all. Battery checks 12.8 volts. Also not 100% sure of the starter location.
LPSISRL

The battery should be 13.5 volts. Also, did you check the drop when you were trying to start it? You might find that it drops to 8 volts or below when you try to crank it.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
Ronzuki

Correct.
Voltage is one thing...the battery's ability to deliver the proper amount of current (cold crank amps or CCA) required by the load is a different 'thing'. The complete health of the battery.
Ron