Replacement Condenser Options?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
cca105983

Hey everyone,
So I finally decided to start fixing my a/c system that stopped working like a year or two ago. I was never able to pin-point what went bad since the things I did try didn't fix it. The clutch was engaging and the system held a vacuum so I also replaced the expansion valve but nothing changed. So I went ahead a bought a new compressor but now I'm thinking I should replace the condenser too before I ruin this new compressor. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a cheap alternative to buying a $3-400 OEM unit.
I was almost sure that the condenser from a grand vitara would work but although the unit is roughly the same size, the inlet and outlet blocks are facing the front where as the kizashi blocks are facing the side. I'm thinking about getting it and figuring out a way to make it work..
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (281.52 KiB) Viewed 3959 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (277.27 KiB) Viewed 3959 times
What do guys think? Has anyone found a new condenser around $100 or done what I have mentioned? And sorry I don't know how to make the images smaller :|
OliverB

Partsouq is selling an oem one for $210, but it's out of stock.

LKQ is selling a bunch of used condensers for just over $100.
2007 SX4
2011 Kizashi
cca105983

I also found a bunch of used ones but they're basically still close to 10 years old so I would rather just use mine if that's my only option.
a98gsxr

Any tips in replacing the expansion valve? Is the evaporator behind the glove box?
Thanks
cca105983

The evaporator is beside the glove box, more like way behind the ac/stereo. I removed the expansion valve from the engine bay. It is like half way between the firewall which made it very difficult to pull out once I removed the screws.