How to get into cigarette plug in console?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Makalah17

Hi guys my names makalah I’m a 17 year old girl and this is my first car. It’s a 2011 Suzuki Kizashi and I love it. The problem is I can’t listen to music through my phone anymore. There’s two ports in my console thing that’s behind the gear shift and under the radio. The one is a direct port I can plug my iPhone into and play music, but it doesn’t charge my phone it just keeps it at the same percent. The other one is the cigarette charger port thing, and with a car charger I can charge my phone. So what happened was one day I had my phone plugged into the music port and I got my foot wrapped around the cord and didn’t realize and I yanked the cord out. This caused the port to fall into the console. Me and multiple other people have looked and we can’t see any way to get into the console to put the port back. Does anyone know how to or will I most likely have to take it to the shop to fix it? Thanks!
KuroNekko

Makalah17 wrote:Hi guys my names makalah I’m a 17 year old girl and this is my first car. It’s a 2011 Suzuki Kizashi and I love it. The problem is I can’t listen to music through my phone anymore. There’s two ports in my console thing that’s behind the gear shift and under the radio. The one is a direct port I can plug my iPhone into and play music, but it doesn’t charge my phone it just keeps it at the same percent. The other one is the cigarette charger port thing, and with a car charger I can charge my phone. So what happened was one day I had my phone plugged into the music port and I got my foot wrapped around the cord and didn’t realize and I yanked the cord out. This caused the port to fall into the console. Me and multiple other people have looked and we can’t see any way to get into the console to put the port back. Does anyone know how to or will I most likely have to take it to the shop to fix it? Thanks!
You can get to it but you have to remove the plastic trim around the shifter. I'm not sure if you have a manual or automatic transmission but the process will be something like in the link below because I had this very issue years ago:
https://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewt ... =32&t=2663

Good luck!
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Makalah17

KuroNekko wrote:
Makalah17 wrote:Hi guys my names makalah I’m a 17 year old girl and this is my first car. It’s a 2011 Suzuki Kizashi and I love it. The problem is I can’t listen to music through my phone anymore. There’s two ports in my console thing that’s behind the gear shift and under the radio. The one is a direct port I can plug my iPhone into and play music, but it doesn’t charge my phone it just keeps it at the same percent. The other one is the cigarette charger port thing, and with a car charger I can charge my phone. So what happened was one day I had my phone plugged into the music port and I got my foot wrapped around the cord and didn’t realize and I yanked the cord out. This caused the port to fall into the console. Me and multiple other people have looked and we can’t see any way to get into the console to put the port back. Does anyone know how to or will I most likely have to take it to the shop to fix it? Thanks!
You can get to it but you have to remove the plastic trim around the shifter. I'm not sure if you have a manual or automatic transmission but the process will be something like in the link below because I had this very issue years ago:
https://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewt ... =32&t=2663

Good luck!
Hey thanks so much for this info, mine is both a manual and a automatic but ill check it out and see if it still works!
KuroNekko

Makalah17 wrote: Hey thanks so much for this info, mine is both a manual and a automatic but ill check it out and see if it still works!
I think you mean yours is an automatic. By manual, I mean a car with three pedals/stick shift like mine.
Sounds like you have an automatic which uses a Continuously Variable Transmission. Either way, you should be able to remove the trim around the shifter and access under the console box. Good luck.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)