Head Light Issue

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
honsonwong

I found one of the head lights not working. Is there anyone know what does it call? and the bulb number?
Attachments
20210110_184154(2).jpg
20210110_184154(2).jpg (43.98 KiB) Viewed 2719 times
old tech

In generic terms , its a parking light. I use a 194 bulb which is very common and about 25 cents in bulk . It very well may list a heavier more expensive version of this bulb for this application but the 194 does just fine.
KuroNekko

It's the parking bulb that is commonly found in European and especially Japanese cars given their driving etiquette of turning off the headlights while stopped at intersections. These bulbs illuminate whenever the headlights are either in Parking mode or On thus one can turn off their brighter low beams and still have the dim glow of these parking bulbs to show the presence of a vehicle. They don't really work for USDM and Canadian models in this way because we have DRLs that use the high beam bulbs. The only way to use these parking bulbs alone is to turn on the lights to Parking Mode and have the handbrake up.
While the incandescent bulb is called the 194, the LED version is called the T10 bulb and they are easy to find. Most auto parts stores in the US now carry LED T10 bulbs from Philips or Sylvania. I've had PIAA T10 LED bulbs in mine for several years to compliment the HID and LED low and high beams.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
honsonwong

Many thanks for the info old tech & KuroNekko.