Navigation update

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Neel_Ontario

Hello. Was trying to update maps in my 2013 Kizashi's Garmin system. Inserted a formatted 8 GB memory card. After pressing the 'update' option under 'System', I got the error 'Failed to create Garmin update card...could not write to SD card'. Has anyone experienced the same? Any fix?
lasallejai

You need to pay and download from the Garmin website first and then insert the memory card into the slot for the system to be updated. I have a 2013 too.
Neel_Ontario

Thanks lasallejai. https://suzuki.garmin.com/suzuki/site/m ... strExpress

Garmin's website says to first insert SD Card in car to 'imprint a unique code' and then download maps on it in the computer. I tried to download straight away, Garmin Express app says to plug in card 'which has my system's information'.

I can't figure out why my car is not reading the SD card 'Failed to create Garmin update card...could not write to SD card'
Woodie

I don't know anything about the navigation system, but I use SD cards to update firmware in copiers all the time. There are different methods of formatting memory cards, some machines I work on require that the SD card be FAT formatted, some others require FAT32 formatting. Also, there is a little white switch on the side that locks the card and prevents writing., make sure that is not set to lock.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
LPSISRL

It's also possible that the card reader in the Garmin won't recognize 8GB. Have you tried a lower capacity like 4GB? Maybe try a real old one if you have it?
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)