2012 Kizashi P0777 solenoid error

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Akp

Hello,

My Kizashi has this problem and does not drive forward anymore as it does not shift. Backwards works okay. Trying to find someone to help get this fixed but it seems no one is interested in touching the issue. Why is that? What can I do? The car is otherwise in great condition. The only shop I could find willing to fix this is asking for $2400 for the repair.

I researched and found that there was a recall on the Shift lever back in 2016 that apparently has fixed this issue. Is that possible?

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks
KuroNekko

The P0777 fault code details indicate that the stuck solenoid is likely in that condition due to a physical obstruction or lack of proper transmission fluid level/condition. Checking the level and condition of the CVT fluid would be the very first thing to do, I think. I'm afraid that if the CVT is in bad shape and the components are sheared off, metal fragments are causing the obstruction. In that case, you basically need a new transmission.
Where are you located? Old Tech is a member here who is a mechanic specializing in Kizashis and very experienced with transmission rebuilds and replacements. He's located in Pennsylvania, USA.
Also, what's the odometer mileage of your Kizashi?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
old tech

Kuro is correct. PO777 is a pressure code and is almost always caused by a primary pulley it has gone bad. If the pan would be taken off you would find slivers of what looks like chrome peelings on the pan floor and most likely some gray/black plastic dust in the filters screen (that’s basically Teflon from the primary seal ring). I repair these and warranty them for a year at a cost of $1900 + tax. That would be the maximum. if your mileage is low enough, I could skip replacement of the flow control valve and trim that cost a little bit more. I have had customers trailer in the car and wait while I fix it . I keep all needed parts in stock so if planned ahead I would do this and send you back with a good working car at the end of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk