Squeaking noise from rear, seems cold weather related

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
SaleenS7

I worked for several dealers and I was the guy who tracked down annoying noises. Being I worked mostly with wrecked vehicles people always point to the wreck as to blame. Worst known vehicle for this is a CORVETTE owner. Those cars have so many plastic on plastic spots on them, its crazy they're as quiet as they are.

Two things you need to help eliminate noises. Felt and spray silicone. Silicone won't discolor 90% of interior panels try a test section first. Think of it as Scotch Guarding your own interior and saving the $200.00 your dealer wants to charge you for it :mrgreen:

I use a interior body clip tool to help pry panels slightly apart in order to insert felt and silicone once the felt is in place. By going to every single joining body panel on the interior and placing felt just behind it, Once the felt is in place take the can of spray silicone with the supplied red straw inject just a small amount. Your not saturating the spot making it drip. If you are one of the fortunate people that can remove interior body panels without causing damage to clips or the panel itself I would do so as this will allow for you to look exactly at whats rubbing as there is usually some dust build up from the rubbing of the panels.

For some this is not even a option. I know I for one think dealers should take annoying squeaks more seriously but they don't. I also have a 2008 SX4 with the famous dash rattle that is extremely loud. The fix for this vehicle has two end results as someone forgot to put felt between the dash and heater duct work on every SX4 to date( You reading this Suzuki reps ?). You have two pieces of plastic rubbing together that wont go away until you remove the dash or windshield yeah I said it windshield. Dealers WON'T remove the windshield to fix this. End result you as a owner have to flip the bill and fight your ars off to get any type of payment back or allow the dealer to remove your entire dash just to put in a 36" piece of felt between the two pieces. Whats smarter $80 to R&R a windshield or 6+hrs at the shops going warranty rate to remove dash ? Suzuki removes the dash :roll:

Here is my post on another Suzuki forum for the SX4 model still usefull and does explain more in detail. http://www.sx4club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4599
cca105983

Hey babacu? Any updates??
Northernstar

maybe i should print this and show it to my dealer.........
babacu

cca105983 wrote:Hey babacu? Any updates??
Last year, things were a bit better after the visit to the shop, but I remember it was not completely fixed. Didn't go back to them, though, as I didn't have time until the weather warmed up.

This winter's been very mild in Ontario, I haven't heard the noise at all. Wouldn't be able to tell you if it's gone for good or it'll just come back with lower temperatures, unfortunately.