Cheap fix 15 tpms

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
old tech

TPM system has been very problematic in my opinion . A system made to alert the driver that one or more tires has lost approximately 5 psi or more and may become dangerous . In reality , the system causes more trouble than it ever thought of saving .The way to common failure being corrosion of the stem to rim contact. Next , missing cap and corrosion at valve core or even a fancy metal valve cap that becomes locked to the valve stem with corrosion. A new stem fixes all these but after 10 years , the batteries become weak. Add to this that the Kizashi is very picky on which tpm sensor it will work with and the fact that it will need reregistered. The Tpms sensor from Suzuki have a list price of over$250 ea . Part no. 431 305 7L00. . The other ones listed to fit kizashi such as the continental for Jeep and Dodge won’t always work for us. Other members here have listed how to register these to your car without any fancy tools. 11/23/21 I have to edit this post . I have had trouble with this cheaper senor . I now suggest genuine VDO sensors they are a bit more but worth it . Here is a listing on eBay . Set of 4 is $100 currently .Image
Last edited by old tech on Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Woodie

That's a sweet price, I paid almost twice that much.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
KuroNekko

Thanks. That's a great help for when people have to replace them.
While I don't hate TPMS, I don't understand why Suzuki went with such an aggressive warning system instead of just the orange indicator light that is sufficient and universal.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

With the original sensors as expensive as they were and even the original VDO/Continental ones being at least $50/ea back when I researched it, I would caution on cheap sensors like this that probably are fakes of some sort. The fakers have moved into every single type of product. I would expect these to fail in about 1-2 years.