Rearview mirror delaminating

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Woodie

Anyone having trouble with the optics of their rearview mirror? I've got a regular mirror, no auto dimming or anything. It looks as if the silver is peeling off the glass or something, funny looking bad spots. I'll see if i can get a picture of it, but I'm not that confident in taking a good picture of a mirror.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
old tech

I've seen alot of this. Its only on the standard inside rear view mirrors. I was wanting to try a mirror off a Honda or Dodge. The Kizashi mounting tab looks the same as theirs.
Woodie

Rats Old Tech. I was hoping you'd say "no, it's just you dummy, I've got ten good ones". Here's the best picture out of five I took. It shows the horrific state of my phone case more than it does the mirror. The weird black marks up by the headrests are what I'm talking about.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
KuroNekko

I know what you're talking about but rarely see it because I've always used a JDM aftermarket wide-view mirror that clips over the stock mirror. I recall seeing the degradation of the stock mirror years ago but didn't really focus on it as I use my aftermarket mirror all the time anyway. I prefer the aftermarket clip-ons, (the high quality JDM stuff) not only for the wide view that really covers the entire rear window but some also have coatings that dim the lights of cars behind you at night and have a higher quality reflection than the stock mirror. IMO, it's one of those things that once you use one, it's hard to go back. I've been using them ever since I started driving and take them with me to the next car.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
KlutzNinja

I’ve had the same issue for a while now, too, but didn’t know what it was called, nor really paid it much mind lol. It’s on both the top and bottom of the center part of the mirror, but not the sides, I don’t think. And it’s a little difficult to get the top part in a picture because it sort of blends in with the beige headliner trim. I’m not sure this was ever an issue in my previous car. Also, is it just me or is the Kizashi’s standard mirror kind of unclear? Like the side mirrors offer more clarity. When I look through the cabin mirror, the cars a little distance behind me seem ever so slightly blurry, as if my glasses prescription is marginally out of date. Again, not an issue in my previous car. I wish the GTS also got the auto-dimming mirror, but I guess some goodies had to be saved for the SLS. Also wishing I checked how that nicer SLS mirror was when I sat in one a couple years ago; maybe it doesn’t have the blurry effect.
Attachments
B2705238-DCBF-4A8A-8E2B-D9079C40CA71.jpeg
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)