Help something fell in my radiator

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Abdullah

Hello every
In the first picture you can see the my car radiator cap is broken. The valve part and the spring part were in the radiator opening where the cap sits. I managed to remove the spring and the one metal ring but the lower part of the valve fell in and now you can not see it.
My first question is if I start the car wil it go through the radiator and into my engine and mess everything up or no.
Will it create and type of blockage or am I fine to use the vehicle?
I was wondering if I disconnect the lower hose of the radiator which go into the engine and connect a water hose to it which has a little pressure to it and that way flush it out the opening where the cap sits, will that work?
The second picture is of another cap I picked up for it, it used so going to to buy a new one. The picture is for reference so that you know what part fell in.
Thank you guys in advanceImageImage

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

old tech

I have seen this more than a few times . It usually happens when engine has been over heated by a loss of coolant or the drive belt gets rolled off by a faulty belt tensioner. it will be fine to leave that piece in there. The direction of the flow of coolant will trap it in the top of the radiator. If you really wanted it out of there , it may work if top hose is removed and water sprayed into neck. other than that , pulling rad and turning it upside down. Not worth chasing, its harmless.
Abdullah

old tech wrote:I have seen this more than a few times . It usually happens when engine has been over heated by a loss of coolant or the drive belt gets rolled off by a faulty belt tensioner. it will be fine to leave that piece in there. The direction of the flow of coolant will trap it in the top of the radiator. If you really wanted it out of there , it may work if top hose is removed and water sprayed into neck. other than that , pulling rad and turning it upside down. Not worth chasing, its harmless.
Okay thank you so much.
One more question.
I drained the old coolant by unscrewing the drain. According to the manual you need 6.6 liters of coolant. But when I was refilling it only 4.5 or 5 liters went in....?

old tech

6.6 liters is total. There is still some coolant trapped in block and heater core. Had your car gone above normal operating temp that you can remember ?
Abdullah

old tech wrote:6.6 liters is total. There is still some coolant trapped in block and heater core. Had your car gone above normal operating temp that you can remember ?
No, not ever since I have bought it. But I noticed that alot of Suzuki vehicles are having weak radiator cap issues.