Kizashi CVT fluid

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
nickoloza

Hi everyone.

Firstly, happy new year everyone! Wish you good luck!

Im about to change a CVT transmission fluid on my '10 Kizashi 2.4 CVT.

As the manual says, I should use Suzuki CVT Shell Green 1V, but, we can't get that in Georgia country (from where I am).

Also, I've heard that Nissan NS2 fluid (I can get that locally) is EXACTLY the same as the Suzuki one and should not cause any kind of problems.

Could anyone please confirm this and/or share their experience?

Thanks a lot in advance.
bdleonard

Yes, the Suzuki Green 1V and the Nissan NS2 are the same spec fluid, used in the same family of Jatco transmissions for both manufacturers
nickoloza

bdleonard wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:05 pm Yes, the Suzuki Green 1V and the Nissan NS2 are the same spec fluid, used in the same family of Jatco transmissions for both manufacturers
Thanks a lot!
kizzy1

I changed out my fluid at 60k and 95k on my 2010...did it in my garage and didn't have a scan tool. The first was 2 drain and fills and the second time was just one drain and fill along with replacing the external filter. I used Redline CVT fluid each time and added 10 oz. of Lubegard CVT additive (gasp!) the second time (adjusted the amount of fluid to allow for the 10 oz. additive). Quite frankly, the factory fluid is crap and doesn't hold up well (although no specific specs seem to be available, it is thought to be a mineral base or at best a synthetic blend which may have something to do with some of the issues with these Jatco transmissions...lousy fluid quality). I have used Redline trans fluid and gear oil for years and NEVER experienced a failure. Their fluids are full synthetic and provide not only better performance but will last longer as well. They also blend just fine with other fluids. I don't even know if I got the level perfect when refilling with my "same amount in as came out" method (I did warm the trans a little with a brief drive beforehand). All I know is I've had no problems and am at 106k miles.