BT Audio and USB simultaneously

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
nickoloza

Hello.

Whenever I plug in my iPhone for a charge in factory USB outlet, BT audio stops working and phone charges, but, I can't hear the music and whenever I choose USB on the stereo, it says that USB is not connected.

I'm wondering, if its possible to use BT Audio while charging the phone, or should I go for aftermarket solution?

(I apologize if I choose the wrong category, I found this most suitable).

Thank you.
KuroNekko

So that USB port in the Kizashi isn't really made to charge a device but more so allow connectivity. If your iPhone doesn't connect with the USB port, make sure you allow the iPhone's settings/permissions to connect to the car. Also, because the USB port is a connectivity port, the car's stereo might be defaulting to that input over BT for the same device. My recommendation is to charge the phone with the cigarette lighter port and use Bluetooth. A dedicated USB charger in the cigarette lighter port will charge a device much faster than the car's USB port which my recollection is rated at 5V and 0.5A. Those are specs for connectivity, not charging a modern phone.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
nickoloza

KuroNekko wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:39 pm So that USB port in the Kizashi isn't really made to charge a device but more so allow connectivity. If your iPhone doesn't connect with the USB port, make sure you allow the iPhone's settings/permissions to connect to the car. Also, because the USB port is a connectivity port, the car's stereo might be defaulting to that input over BT for the same device. My recommendation is to charge the phone with the cigarette lighter port and use Bluetooth. A dedicated USB charger in the cigarette lighter port will charge a device much faster than the car's USB port which my recollection is rated at 5V and 0.5A. Those are specs for connectivity, not charging a modern phone.
Thanks a lot for thorough answer!