Rear Caliper bracket pins

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Ccthompson

Has anyone ever pulled the pins on their rear brackets to clean them up and relube them?

I’m having issues with premature pad failure after around 40k kms. Caliper and pins seem fine. I pulled the pins as I did last time I changed the pads. But I noticed that one pin has factory grooves in it and the other is completely smooth. Not sure which order these go back in or if it even matters, or if this could be a reason for the premature failure?

Anyone have any insight on why the one pin had grooves and which one goes in which?
old tech

I dont think it would really matter as long as its sliding but you could match other side.. The caliper piston should wind back in easily with a large screw driver . Make sure piston boot is not stuck on piston. The bracket rusts like mad under the stainless hardware . This rust squeezes the pad and wont let the pad back up. This rust will need filed out . Pads need to slide freely in the bracket. If your inner pad has an alignment pin on it,make sure it falls into the groove on caliper piston.