No power steering C1113 and C1122

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
old tech

I had a 2012 Kizashi come in with 150,000 miles on it and the girl had lost her power steering. This car was actually pretty tough to drive or at least park with no power steering. The icon on the dash was lit up. I checked the codes ,Image
C1113 and C1122 came up. The second code is for engine speed sensing and simply that throws a code because the engine is not running. If you start the car that code goes away instantly. But the first code is pertaining to the torque sensor main and sub difference. This was the first time I saw this code so I checked the car over and found the grommet at the bottom of the floor for the steering rack wire harness had been chewed and pulled out so I pulled the carpet up on the passenger side to find it all wet and rodent chewing damage on the wire harness. I just disconnected the harness from the computer and pulled it down out of the car and did a repair on the harness and replaced the rubber grommet with one of a dead steering rack that I had. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
reddevil

Good diagnosis. Always check for loose or damaged connections or wires before spending a lot time hunting for the problem.