Radio replacement

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Klaa$vaaK

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:43 pm @Klaa$vaaK, those are audio in of AMP and covered with shield signal connected to body ground all of this info is shown in the wiring diagram. you need to read the service manual for more information and signal description.
Ok and were does the connection for the ground is in the car? The ground connection near the amp?

If I run new wires should I use the same insulated wires? What did you use for your setup Saeed?

KlaasvaaK
SAEED_KIZZY

I bought the same wire harness as OE(one for the front and one for the rear I think) and connected the shield to the ground point(white Connector near AMP)
Klaa$vaaK

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:52 pm I bought the same wire harness as OE(one for the front and one for the rear I think) and connected the shield to the ground point(white Connector near AMP)
That sound good. Do you know were I could buy that?
SAEED_KIZZY

I took a sample wire and bought it from a local store it is not hard to find.IMO no need to be exact same wire gauge but better to have the shield.
Klaa$vaaK

Ok I saw a 9 wired harness special made to run from amp to audiounit. (8 for speakers 1 for turn on signal)

I could just simply pull out the door cover but asking here is just as simple. In the wire diagram the speakers in the front all are combined and 4 wires run to the audiounit. My question is where in the car do the wires combine? And is there a connector?

Is there a way to connect this by simply split the gry/red yel wht/grn wht/blu wires near the amp and connect without running new wire for every speaker?

Klaa$vaaK

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
SAEED_KIZZY

Klaa$vaaK wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:23 pm My question is where in the car do the wires combine? And is there a connector?
no there is no connector my guess would be a splice from the main wiring harness.
here is what I did:
use factory OE wires just to connect to Twitter on each door and route two new wires from AMP to the woofer on each front door and finally for center speaker route 2 new wires from AMP to center speaker keep in mind that center speaker for Rockford speaker is different from the one with non-RockFord.
Klaa$vaaK

Yes that would be the easiest way. Let me get this straight.

Use factory for tweeter.
2 new wires for both woofers in door.
2 new wires for center, whats the difference between RF center?
And extra wires from sub to amp.
And rear use factory

SAEED_KIZZY

in nonRF center speaker is a dual coil speaker (4 Pin connector) but an RF center speaker is just 12 ohm single speaker(2 pin connector)
Klaa$vaaK

Oops Yes I knew that

Klaa$vaaK

Ok with the 9 wired cable I need to add RCA so I think its better to just buy RCA with remote cable and cut one side to fit amp.

Can I split the rca? And the shield is stil there if I cut the rca? It seems like its shielded after the black split-block.

KlaasvaaK