Brand new Morimoto HID flickering/One Side Working

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Kizushi

I installed the Morimoto Elite HID system into factory projectors. Thanks to KuroNekko for his install guides and advice. Unfortunately, I am experiencing an issue on the driver side headlight. On startup, it will flicker, struggle to ignite, and over 50% of the time, shutoff. I have observed better performance for the other 50%, but it will ultimately shutoff after a few minutes, sometimes longer. There doesn't seem to be any condition that would cause it to perform one way or the other. I've tested it both with the car running and cold. The passenger side headlight has worked flawlessly since 1st ignition, in all circumstances.

Install Notes:
I tested both battery and chassis ground points. The flicker issue is present in both. It is currently grounded on the battery.
Battery voltage measured 12.9 volts cold and 14.4 volts running.
No Morimoto anti-flicker capacitor was installed.
The Morimoto "oem input" connector was utilized on the battery side. I would have to move the entire HD relay harness (or headlight) to the other side to test the other connector.

Questions:
My next action is to
1.re-adjust connectors to make sure they are solid.
2.tap on the relays
3. swap ballasts from either side since the passenger side seems to work.
4. swap ignitors from either side

Is there anything I should look for with the Kizashi specifically? It doesn't appear that our car has PWM in the headlight system, therefore not benefiting from an inline capacitor. Does cycling the lights damage the bulbs and/or the hardware? I'd imagine it's certainly not good, but I'll
limit cycling to extend the life.
Does a new HID have a "break in period" as the system was installed very recently.
Anyone have experience with TRS in running down these issues? Just trying to troubleshoot based on what they might tell me.
KuroNekko

The Kizashi does use PWM but only on the high beams for Daytime Running Lights. For your situation, you're not running into PWM issues. In reading your post and seeing that you're rather thorough, I suspect that the actual problem is a bad bulb or ballast. If one side is completely fine but the other is wonky ever since installation, I suspect it's component failure on the part of the HID kit. As you know, the test for this is swapping the bulbs and/or ballasts.

As for cycling HID bulbs rapidly, it's not a good idea. HIDs initially use very high voltage to turn the bulb's halide salts into plasma. After that, it maintains the light at a lower wattage: 35W for most HID systems. Unlike halogens and LEDs, HID should not be cycled rapidly in most circumstances.

HIDs do have a break-in period but it shouldn't involve one side not working properly. If anything, it takes a bit longer when new to get to the normal operating color output and performance.

TRS has excellent customer service from my experience. They will help you troubleshoot and track down the cause of the problem. Assuming you installed your HD harness correctly, I suspect it's a problem with the kit components and you need a replacement.

Good luck.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Kizushi

I exchanged ballasts from either side. The problem remained on the driver side lamp and passenger side continued to perform perfectly. So, it must be either the bulb, ignitor, or relay. I lightly tapped the components, but nothing changed. I would have initially thought the bulb is the culprit, but like I said, it stays on for a couple minutes, intermittently. The first time I fired it after the swap, it crackled, flickered, then died. 10 minutes later, it stayed on for a few minutes. It's bizarre.