Clutch for 2010 GTS

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Flowersandfilth

We’re going thru the process of trouble shooting some issues were having with the 2010 GTS we have. It’s likely it needs a new clutch. Does anyone have any part numbers for the clutch and/or links to buy one? Can’t seem to find the clutch by itself.
old tech

22400-57L02 is the part number for just a disc from Suzuki. It doesn’t look like this part is available right now through mega zip which is not a very good sign for you. However, you can use the clutch from an Sx4 between 2010 and 2013 here in the states. The Sx4 clutch would not be a upgrade by any means. It is smaller in diameter but just fine to use in a pinch. I used to rebuild the engines on the 2007 to 2009 Sx4‘s in many of those were manual shift while the engine was out it was a perfect time to just renew the disk however I wanted to find a cheap alternative to the expensive Suzuki clutch and I found that the Ford tempo used the same diameter clutch with the same spline and I was buying the remanufactured clutch discs from eBay for next to nothing and most of them worked with some modification to the center hub but some were to large of a diameter on the center hub spring compartment. The safest way I can recommend is buying the clutch kit for the 2010 to 2014 Suzuki SX 4 6 speed for $175. That cover will bolt right up to your flywheel but you will notice that the clutch will end up giving you a little less surface but it will work just fine.Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkthis disc I think would work but it may need a bit of grinding to make it fit . It’s a gamble but cheap Image
Flowersandfilth

Thanks old tech. We got an sx4 clutch for now and found the actual one and ordered it but it’s on back order of course that way we can just swap it when it comes in.

It’s a lot better. The clutch looks horrible, but it’s still grinding some.
old tech

This sx4 clutch should be working perfectly. If its not, try bleeding and check pedal cage for flex and /or cracking.
GabbyyAlex

Looking to fix my issue now that I have seen all of you doing this quite smooth!
Flowersandfilth

old tech wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:09 pm This sx4 clutch should be working perfectly. If its not, try bleeding and check pedal cage for flex and /or cracking.

Got a new problem now. Drove for three days, was sounding better, dash lights came on, ran the code, said the speed sensor was the culprit. Was going to check it out and then suddenly the car will not fully turn off. The car is stuck in accessory mode as long as the battery is connected, with the ignition ON status. Upon trying to start it, it cranks and cranks but won’t actually start. Checked ground wires are connected. It started one time since this problem has been occurring but the starter would not kick off even with the engine running. So we are looking into the ignition switch as the culprit.
old tech

Your problem is not the ignition switch. The grounds need checked and codes need checked and erased and battery needs to be very good. The Kizashi does this .
sideswipex

I'm at about 149k miles on my 2013 base and needing a clutch, did you go with the SX4 one? Any issues with it?

It looks like the SX4 is easier to find clutches for and from reading these forums for years as a lurker websites with Kizashi clutch right now are not trustworthy sites.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

old tech

sideswipex wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:38 pm I'm at about 149k miles on my 2013 base and needing a clutch, did you go with the SX4 one? Any issues with it?

It looks like the SX4 is easier to find clutches for and from reading these forums for years as a lurker websites with Kizashi clutch right now are not trustworthy sites.

I was hoping that flowersandfilth would have helped out the Kizashi community by giving us a full report but he was not the owner of the vehicle and is probably knee deep in a domestic car repair right now. I now this will work for you but, again this is a "it'll do" repair. There could be a closer match on just a disc as Honda and Mazda/Ford use the same shaft size. I havent needed a Kizashi clutch myself as nearly all my customers have the awd. If you are needing the pressure plate and or the throughout/slave then you will want the full sx4 kit above
sideswipex

There's only one Japanese car mechanic around me and he's way booked up and the"Suzuki" dealer said they can't even get the parts for a Kizashi. So I'm going with a mechanic on referral, I'm leaning towards the SX4 kit because while your in there mentality since I don't have the benefit of a foreign mechanic knowledge on it.