Trunk won't open

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Sparky

On my 2011 Kizashi the trunk stopped opening. I tried the key fob, the button under the steering wheel or by pressing the button on the trunk while pulling the lid up. I have the care for about 5 years now and was showing no issues before.
Do you guys have any ideas?
KuroNekko

Check the button in the glove box. There is a button in there to cancel the electronic unlock of the trunk. It's a feature for securing the trunk while in the care of valet. Make sure that button is not pressed by accident.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
n8dogg

KuroNekko wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:55 pm Check the button in the glove box. There is a button in there to cancel the electronic unlock of the trunk. It's a feature for securing the trunk while in the care of valet. Make sure that button is not pressed by accident.
I forgot we even had that feature! :lol:
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
Sparky

Thank you KuroNekko! That did it, yay!
I was replacing my cabin air filter the other day and I must have pressed that button :roll:
KuroNekko

Sparky wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:49 pm Thank you KuroNekko! That did it, yay!
I was replacing my cabin air filter the other day and I must have pressed that button :roll:
I figured so. It's a weird little button that's easy to forget about or not even notice at all.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Sparky

I'm wondering what's the purpose of this button?
In section 2-4 of the manual they do show the button but no explanation for it.
old tech

The purpose of this switch is to keep your trunk lid from being opened by the crooked valet parking guy. You would have to also lock the glove box door after setting this switch.
SAEED_KIZZY

interesting, my car does not have this switch also I noticed there is no manual open lever in the trunk too!
Sparky

old tech wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:58 am The purpose of this switch is to keep your trunk lid from being opened by the crooked valet parking guy. You would have to also lock the glove box door after setting this switch.
Good. And remember to take out the physical key from your key fob when handing it over.
Sparky

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:46 am interesting, my car does not have this switch also I noticed there is no manual open lever in the trunk too!
Not every Kizashi is equipped with it, I have the Sport SLS AWD version.