Trunk won't open

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
KlutzNinja

I’d imagine it’d be easier for a valet or someone to lose the fob if you hand it over without the key with the ring attachment on it. The Kizashi fob is pretty small, and it’s smooth and almost slippery after lots of use. Valets always seem to store fobs by hanging them on a hook in a box.
When my Kizashi was totaled, I gave just the fob to the tow truck guy, but I was paranoid the tow yard would lose it without the ring, so I went back later with my rental, and gave them the key blade with the ring. They had to store it somewhere else because they couldn’t hang it with the other keys in their possession; the way they had to dig it up, it almost looked like they’d lost mine, until I gave them the key blade.

I’m planning on getting a blank/uncut key for my Mazda, and keeping that with/in the fob, while maybe keeping the actual cut key on my key ring lol. Uncut keys are cheap, even for Kizashis. At least, last I checked.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
KuroNekko

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:46 am interesting, my car does not have this switch also I noticed there is no manual open lever in the trunk too!
It's actually due to different regulations in different countries. In the US, vehicles are required to have a glow-in-the-dark lever to open the trunk from the inside. It's so that when people (mostly kids) get themselves shut into a trunk (say from playing), they have a chance to escape instead of having the trunk be a coffin. In a similar note, all new cars sold in the US since 2016 have to have a back-up camera. Again, it was for safety largely concerning children.

I've also heard that not all global Kizashis have the glove box trunk release disable button. It's really for valet purposes and the point is to secure the trunk by using the button, locking the glove box, locking the back rests of the rear seats, and removing the key from the fob. You give only the fob to the valet so they can drive the car but can't access the trunk. While the Kizashi does have a pass-thru cubby opening in the rear seats for the trunk (designed for skis), it's small enough to not compromise most luggage. I've seen other cars like Lexus with a lock at the pass-thru, further securing the trunk.
KlutzNinja wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:19 pm I’d imagine it’d be easier for a valet or someone to lose the fob if you hand it over without the key with the ring attachment on it. The Kizashi fob is pretty small, and it’s smooth and almost slippery after lots of use. Valets always seem to store fobs by hanging them on a hook in a box.
When my Kizashi was totaled, I gave just the fob to the tow truck guy, but I was paranoid the tow yard would lose it without the ring, so I went back later with my rental, and gave them the key blade with the ring. They had to store it somewhere else because they couldn’t hang it with the other keys in their possession; the way they had to dig it up, it almost looked like they’d lost mine, until I gave them the key blade.

I’m planning on getting a blank/uncut key for my Mazda, and keeping that with/in the fob, while maybe keeping the actual cut key on my key ring lol. Uncut keys are cheap, even for Kizashis. At least, last I checked.
I see your point, but I only give the fob to valets and mechanics largely because it's easier and faster than removing the fob key from my key ring.
Also, I noticed that some places like my local Costco are now placing the fobs in zip lock bags. It's smart because it keeps the fob securely with the clipboard and keeps it cleaner. I got my fob back in the zip lock so it was apparent that the techs who replaced my tires never took it out of the zip lock bag. Genius.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
KlutzNinja

KuroNekko wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:54 pm I see your point, but I only give the fob to valets and mechanics largely because it's easier and faster than removing the fob key from my key ring.
Also, I noticed that some places like my local Costco are now placing the fobs in zip lock bags. It's smart because it keeps the fob securely with the clipboard and keeps it cleaner. I got my fob back in the zip lock so it was apparent that the techs who replaced my tires never took it out of the zip lock bag. Genius.
I know what you mean with the ease and quickness of detaching the fob vs undoing the ring. I've certainly had those awkward moments where it took longer than I'd have liked to get the fob and key off. That said, I still prefer to give the whole set; sometimes I'll separate it from my keys in advance, if I can remember. I don't go to mechanics or valets often (never, in the latter case), so luckily this is not much of an issue for me.

I've never heard of these sorts of businesses using bags like that. I wish more did, though. The last time I took my Kizashi to get detailed, the detailer who brought it back up front had to fish the fob from his pockets, and it sounded like there were several dozen coins and other keys in there. About the opposite to the bag, lol. I'm positive I used some hand sanitizer on my fob as soon as I could.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)