Steering wheel problem while driving

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
cotefigueroa

Hi, I have a 2012 CVT Kizashi with 80.000kms never had an issue with, But I'm starting to get this problem, while driving by night, all good and suddenly the yellow steering light alert turns on and direction becomes absolutely rigid, I have to stop the car turn on again and solved, but it has happened to me 4 times in the last week, and of course is pretty dangerous.

I hope anyone can provide some help!

Thank's
old tech

I have had two cars that I’ve had similar problems you described.. The first one a rodent had ripped the grommet out at the bottom where the harness enters the car for the power steering and did some damage to the harness. That one I just repaired the harness and the problem was gone. The second one however was a low mileage car but had been in a high salt use area and corrosion had penetrated the steering rack and the electronics down on the rack and I had to change the rack to fix it . Luckily these steering racks are not in demand because they have very little troubles. I was able to get one for $50 I think. They are a bit of work to replace but not hard. How I would go about this diagnosis is, starting and driving the car and then park it with it still running, pull back carpet passenger side to expose power steering controller and wiggle the harness a little bit leading from the control box to where it exits the car down to the rack. See if you can get the light to come on by wiggling the wires. Then get underneath the car with it still running may be up on a lift and examine the harness there and do the same thing but have someone watch your idiot light while you’re doing it. My guess is that you have damage inside the rack that you’re just gonna have to change the steering rack for. Your best deal on a steering rack would be looking at. car-part.com i’m sure that a lot of scantools won’t be able to read your steering codes but when the light illuminates you have a code and you have to read it before you shut it off because this system forgets the code whenever you shut it down. This is why you can shut it off and then start it back up and continue driving until it sees the problem again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk