LIMP MODE codes P1818 P0777 C1091 C1122 came up on scan odb2 help

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Rajiv85

Hi I have a kizashi AWD 2011 model 150,000 miles on it. Recently the transmission stopped accelerating and it is in limp mode high rpm but probably at 20 mph speed on the speedometer. I can’t get anything more. I brought it to AAMCO a transmission shop nationwide through the USA. They said they can rebuild the cvt transmission for $5000 usd , or get a used one and replace mine for $6500 usd or dealership new is 12000 $ usd. Suzuki is no longer being sold in usa so I am assuming they are treating it like a bmw or Mercedes “UNIQUE” . Can the experts inside here tell me if it is true I need a replacement or can a transmission flush and replace with new filter and new cvt transmission fluid work? As a flush has not been done in long time. Or is there a kit can buy to redo the transmission? Because I believe this car repair they quoted is well worth the value of the car currently maybe
KuroNekko

Sounds like your CVT is blown, especially given the mileage. Where are you located? Your best bet at a CVT rebuild/replacement for a reasonable price is *drumroll* our resident professional Kizashi mechanic, Old Tech. I'm sure he'll chime in soon.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Rajiv85

Damn, Hi I am located in New Jersey
Rajiv85

KuroNekko wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:50 am Sounds like your CVT is blown, especially given the mileage. Where are you located? Your best bet at a CVT rebuild/replacement for a reasonable price is *drumroll* our resident professional Kizashi mechanic, Old Tech. I'm sure he'll chime in soon.
I’m located in New Jersey sigh 😔 it’s hard finding a local that can redo a cvt transmission do you know contacts in NJ?
KlutzNinja

Old Tech is somewhere in Pennsylvania, if I recall. So, not as close as someone in NJ, but not as far as it could be, either.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
old tech

I can give you a few options.

Bring the car to me here in N/W PA at 8am and you can leave with finished car at 5pm on a pre scheduled day $1900 . Trans repaired with upgraded long pin primary and anything else it needs. One year warranty
I can sell and ship you a transmission already gone through with upgrade. Transmission is $850 + shipping($350)+ core if awd ( $350) Sorry, I need core to help next guy.

Sell needed parts and 1/2 hr phone call to your tech $600 + 100 shipping (heavy)

With the first option maybe a Uhaul truck and trailer one way could work.
Rajiv85

old tech wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:00 pm I can give you a few options.

Bring the car to me here in N/W PA at 8am and you can leave with finished car at 5pm on a pre scheduled day $1900 . Trans repaired with upgraded long pin primary and anything else it needs. One year warranty
I can sell and ship you a transmission already gone through with upgrade. Transmission is $850 + shipping($350)+ core if awd ( $350) Sorry, I need core to help next guy.

Sell needed parts and 1/2 hr phone call to your tech $600 + 100 shipping (heavy)

With the first option maybe a Uhaul truck and trailer one way could work.

What is your contact number oldtech?
Rajiv85

Ok guys, finally had time to post a reply. I am in New Jersey, I had the car trucked to oldtech in PA. It’s been a week since we got the car back after he did his magic on the car. The car rolls like new out the showroom. Transmission got rebuild like he said he would!! Had him check out other kinks while it was there and he sorted them out also !! You deserved this review. He helped me understand what happened and what he was doing to get it back up and running even with photos of the parts. The headlights was the main gift he gave us not even the transmission haha. My gf had been wondering how to get those headlights back to normal because of moisture build up inside could barely get projection out of it and he did that!! You scored me points there on this !! My advice if you’re not that far meaning I am 400 miles away from him. It’s worth trucking the car to him and back in my opinion. Thanks alot for the assistance and the learning session about this cvt transmission.