Cheap fix 20 clutch replacement part substitute

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
old tech

Suzuki doesn’t offer a clutch kit for these cars they piece it separately and extremely pricey. The Kizashi uses the same exact flywheel as the Sx4 of the same model years and an aftermarket clutch kit is available for these including the clutch slave unit.Image
There are also very good clutch kits, such as Exceedy brand. Using the Sx4 clutch kit is certainly not a performance upgrade, but it works just fine. You will be you losing some of the friction area but it will work just fine . If you just want to freshen up a good working clutch kit while you have the engine out you can get just a clutch disc That will fit that has the same diameter and shaft size that you could just find a remanufactured clutch disc for a 1990 Mitsubishi eclipse or Hyundai When substituting this part,Image
you should make sure that the hub height is close to the same and also the hub width , so it doesn’t interfere with the pressure plate, this substitution has been done successfully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KuroNekko

Thanks for the info. I've worried about the clutch replacement, especially since I couldn't locate an OE clutch but it's good to know there are compatible parts we could use.
Is the 1990 Eclipse clutch the same diameter as the OE Kizashi clutch? How compatible is the pressure plate? Thank you.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
old tech

I don’t know of any pressure plate that would be the same size and bolt up to the Suzuki J flywheel other than the original Kizashi and sx4 J20b . Rock auto sells the slave cylinder separately and even has them on a close out special. If someone notices the clutch getting weak they could probably just do the second option and just put in the eclipse disc before the slipping starts . That is what takes out the pressure plate.

Satya166

So will the clutch pressure plate from a grand vitara j20b fit our KIZASHI?
old tech

I don’t know about the Vitara. I don’t think it was using the same flywheel as the Sx4 in the Kizashi. You could look this up on suzukicarparts.com. and see if it calls for the same pressure plate