Gear selector issue

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Abdullah

Hello all,
I wanted to ask if anyone ever had this issue or know why it's happening.
I have a 2015 model Suzuki Kizashi with auto transmission. The gear box is working fine, no odd sounds or anything. Shifts nicely but when I shift it into park the gear box goes into park fine but the gear lever or gear selector seems to be going in halfway. Like it needs some force to go all the way or something is blocking it's way. Any ideas ?

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Obama_is_hot6

Abdullah wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:25 am Hello all,
I have a 2015 model Suzuki Kizashi with auto transmission. The gear box is working fine, no odd sounds or anything. Shifts nicely but when I shift it into park the gear box goes into park fine but the gear lever or gear selector seems to be going in halfway. Like it needs some force to go all the way or something is blocking it's way. Any ideas ?

unrelated but i didnt know they made 2015 kizashi's where are you located? here in america the 2013 was the last model. anyways id lookup recals for your shifter thing cuz i heard that some of the kizashis were having issue staying in park kinda like your talking about
YUUUURT
old tech

it sounds like the cable needs adjusted. Adjustment can be found at front of shifter box at cable entrance. Move console..
KuroNekko

Obama_is_hot6 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:37 am

unrelated but i didnt know they made 2015 kizashi's where are you located? here in america the 2013 was the last model. anyways id lookup recals for your shifter thing cuz i heard that some of the kizashis were having issue staying in park kinda like your talking about
Suzuki kept selling the Kizashi in some markets until about 2016. I think the Middle East, India, and Pakistan got Kizashis as late as model year 2015 or so. The US only got up to MY 2013 because Suzuki Auto left the US market in 2012. Regardless, the vehicles are all the same as there was only one generation and they all use the same engine.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)