XM Satellite Radio

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
oboedeb

I am having an unusually high amount of signal loss when listening to XM radio on my 2010 SLS. Had XM in previous car (Vibe) and NEVER had this much trouble w/signal. Have downloaded new signal 6 times, and it doesn't help. I think the placement of the antenna may be at fault. Dealer said it was done according to Suzuki specs. Anyone have any experience w/this?
Thanks
scorcher

Had same issue. Take the antena out of the truck channel and place it outside between the truck opening and the upper or top of the rear quarter panel. It will work great.
alohr

I am having the exact same problem with my XM. I have a GTS and the XM was not factory, I had to purchase the kit from suzuki. The suzuki garage put it in and I have had it back at the garage 3 times now due to the multiple signal loss. they now have the antenna on my dash right behind my security light. This is not working. So you are saying it absolutely needs to be outside the car and this will work?
oboedeb

Mine is a lot better now inside my rear window near the top, but still not quite as good as I had hoped. Maybe I'll move it again to the outside as you suggest, if I understand correctly, Scorcher.
Thanks
Debra
TerryC3800

I put mine where a bmw or other factory set antenna would be right above the back window on the roof and run the cord around the glass under the black seal (the seal will give enough to hide the wire for you)
jono6406

I thought they ran the antenna up under the headliner and ran the wires thru the roof ( after drilling a hole in roof) near the rear window without any wires showing outside and they color paint the antenna on the roof to match the cars color.