Manual Transmission Problem?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
suzukilicious

Hi all! This is my first post but I have been browsing for a little over a week now.

I am a proud owner of a new 2011 Suzuki Kizashi S Manual Transmission! I am very excited. I love this car..

However, there is a little something that has caught my attention and I would like to have your opinion to see whether it is just me or actually the car.

Here is an example of the situation:
I am driving in a parking lot looking for parking.. I usually keep the car in first gear but I do not go over 2000rpm. If I get to 2400rpm, I will switch to second gear.

Here is the issue:
I am slowly cruising the parking lot on first gear at about 2000-2200 rpm. At around 2400 rpm I will let go of the accelerator and hit the clutch all the way down. When I hit the clutch all the way down, the car makes a low "soft" grinding noise and then JERKS the car forward... There is no noise or sensation for the shifting of the rest of the gears.

Now, lets say in the same scenario, I decide to only hit the clutch down about a quarter or half way, there is no noise or jerking. Only when I press the clutch all the way down is when the noise and the jerk come in.

Let me also add, the jerking doesnt happen WHEN I shift to second, it happens immediatetly after I hit the clutch all the way down while im in first.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I be shifting another way? Is this just my fault or in fact something wrong with the car??

Any help is appreciated! this is driving me nuts already!
~tc~

Is the "jerking" like you were to pop the clutch (let it out rapidly)?

Regardless, I would definitely say this warrants a trip to the dealer.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
suzukilicious

~tc~ wrote:Is the "jerking" like you were to pop the clutch (let it out rapidly)?

Regardless, I would definitely say this warrants a trip to the dealer.
Yeah the jerking is almost like if I were to pop the clutch..

I've driven a few manual transmission cars before and I dont ever recall this.. Its a strange feeling.

I am crusing at 2200 rpm and as soon as I let go of the accelerator and hit the clutch all the way down, it makes a little grinding sound and then boom, jerk. It just feels unatural.. if that makes sense..
~tc~

Something must not be adjusted right in the pedal or the slave cylinder/shift yoke
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
suzukilicious

Thanks for your help TC!

I went ahead and called suzuki. I will take in this weekend and see what they have to say about it.. Hopefully, its just me!
cca105983

sorry to hope in but i was wondering what the dealership ended up telling you?
Bobolini

I have noticed when I'm slowing down or leaving it in 1st or second and creeping to a stop light i hear a gear whine. as soon as I put it in neutral and coast to the light it goes away. It also goes away if I depress the clutch. I usually dump it into neutral . When I do this it seems to feel free'd up. but when i leave it in gear and the light turns green and i step on the gas pedal it seems ready to scoot. Hard to explain. It feels like it drags when i leave it in gear. I don't have problems with the tranny and i've been driving manuals since 1977. I had a 67 Mustang that made the same kind of noise but that's because I had a double chained metal gear for my timing chain. It was an aftermarket and was less prone to breakage but it made gear noise under deceleration. Any thoughts besides my long frickin' paragraph :mrgreen: