why did you buy your KIZASHI

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
rocket_man

I bought mine because of the positive experiences I have had with SUZUKI motorcycles.
I have owned 4 (?) that I recall , maybe more. What really sold me on the SUZUKI brand was that I was living in Cuarnavace Mexico and there was this totally bombed out GSXR-750 that I saw one day. the poor thing looked like it had been crashed 100's
of time and when I first saw it I said there was no way it still ran. But as the weeks went buy I saw the motorcycle around town several times and it was still going strong!
The thing looked like someone had put it in a rock-tumbler for days but it was still going strong.

So the car I was driving was a FORD FOCUS with 60K miles that started having 1 problem after another. Like the A/C going out at 60K miles, 2 weeks later it just died at a stop light cause it blew a computer fuse. Dealer charged $500.00 to tell me the computer blew a fuse, a $10.00 part. So I got away from FORD as fast as I could.

When I went looking for a SUZUKI I thought I could only afford a SX4 variant, but once I drove the KIZASHI and checked out the specs (mainly it would be easy to get 200hp out of it) and wanted it! I have 3000 miles on mine and not even a hiccup of any issue at all. All it does is do what its supposed to do.

I also like the fact that there are not a lot around and the fact that it looks a lot like that Lexus I300 or whatever that car is that looks like the Kizashi.
Mods: Cat Back, Under Drive Pulley, Strut Tower brace, K&N Filter, Sony Xplode 6 1/2 4 way speakers in rear, blacked out S in front grill, American Racing Alloys.
kizashigal

My civic got totaled from hail damage...
2011 Kizzy SE AWD Deep Sea Blue

*drive it like you stole it*
Blackbelt

I wanted to trade my smart cabriolet in and get a small sedan. I was actually looking at a corolla, a forte, and a few others. I decied to go see the dealer that sold us our SX4, i thought about buying another one since i liked our 2009 so much(wife drives the SX4 in the winter). When i got there they asked if their newspaper ad brought me in and i said "what newspaper ad". They showed me that they were adverting a Kizzy AWD "S" for $18,999. I was trying to keep the price around 16K, but i figured "hwy not test drive the Kizzy".
Thats all it took. They gave me a good trade in for my smart, $1,000 more than the toyota dealer was giving me, PLUS i got another $1,000 off the Kizz in owner loyalty since i owned an SX4. The dealer traded for the platinum i wanted, since all they had left was white. So i got it for $17,999. :D
2010 Kizashi S AWD
2009 Suzuki SX-4 Touring AWD
2008 Smart fortwo Passion Coupe
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD
Firefly

More fun to drive, better quality materials, and better looking than the other sedans in its price range.
Former driver of a 2011 SLS AWD Platinum
chazyouwin

Our two 2002 XL-7s had treated us very very well and I had been following the Kizashi's development. When the price was right for a 2010 last December, we decided to pull the trigger. The Kizashi fit in every way, drove perfectly, and was a splendid value with all the content. What some people might find a negative - the modest nameplate Suzuki - was to us quite a positive as we rather dislike pretense. We really enjoy being the one house in our high end neighborhood having a Suzuki in the driveway and not a BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, etc. Thumbing our noses a bit, we actually have three!
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
Eric998765

I'm with you rocket, I had past experiences with a Suzuki (forenza, though I'm sure someone is going to comment on how that wasn't REALLY a Suzuki), and when it was time for something with a few more features, I checked out the Suzuki website and saw, wow, I bet I can afford a brand new SX4. I went to go give it a test drive and HATED the way it looked, there's no way I'd drive such a thing. Sitting next to it, however, was a strange car named Kizashi that looked f-ing amazing. 2 weeks later the manager flew up to New Jersey (I'm from South Carolina) to get me one of the only black manual GTS' on the east coast.
jute2003

I had an sx4 and loved it( Back off Eric :evil: ) My girlfriend was looking for something to move up to from her Focus. I convinced her to testdrive a kizashi because I had been wanting one for myself. She fell in love and now I get to play with a kizashi anytime I want while continuing to drive my beloved sx4
WESHOOT2

I thought I'd try something other than another new Subaru.
I could have gotten a good deal on a new Honda, too.....

I wanted AWD AND good gas mileage in a sporty car that would withstand the abuse both I and Vermont roads readily inflict; know what I mean?
rjc1976

The reasons why I bought:
-Great interior...loved the SLS trim, the quality, and all the features it came with for the price.
-Great handling while still having a decent ride.
-Came in manual transmission.
-Better gas mileage than I'm used to (my past two cars, Subarus, averaged about 24 - 25 mpg on premium, while this one averages 29 - 30 mpg on regular).
-The right size....not too small and not overly big like an Accord or Sonata.
-Unique...you don't see tons of them like Civics.

I've been very happy with the Kizashi. It reminds me a lot of my 1999 Passat, but with much better handling. If my car were totaled today, I'd run out and get another one. My only complaint is the lack of AWD availability on the manual versions.
Blackbelt

jute2003 wrote:I had an sx4 and loved it( Back off Eric :evil: ) My girlfriend was looking for something to move up to from her Focus. I convinced her to testdrive a kizashi because I had been wanting one for myself. She fell in love and now I get to play with a kizashi anytime I want while continuing to drive my beloved sx4
I love my SX4 too. Biggest advantage with the SX4 was being able to get AWD with the manual tranny.
2010 Kizashi S AWD
2009 Suzuki SX-4 Touring AWD
2008 Smart fortwo Passion Coupe
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD