What is the ONE thing that bugs you about your Kizashi?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Senegal

if you want to raise the seat, it also moves forward....which makes it useless. I've seen the same setup in other cars as well, but my bmw does it right.
Senegal

the fact that you have to remove the front bumper to replace the headlight lamp...seriously??? :shock:
eatrocks

Hmmm...one thing that bugs me about my car...probably the grinding noise coming from the transmission
Azure Gray 2012 Kiz SLS AWD CVT
2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6
1985 BMW 325e
1993 Subaru Impreza
kizziekate

A coupla things: CVT drone at low revs, big side mirrors that don't retract (gotta get out of the car and push them in), no lock on the fuel lid - anyone can open it and syphon/contaminate your fuel (unbelieveable omission) and "busy" speedo calibrations. Oh yeah, very disappointing fuel consumption around town. Got better in my 1994 FWD Liberty with 200,000+ kms. Otherwise a great car!!!!
eatrocks

kizziekate wrote:A coupla things: CVT drone at low revs, big side mirrors that don't retract (gotta get out of the car and push them in), no lock on the fuel lid - anyone can open it and syphon/contaminate your fuel (unbelieveable omission) and "busy" speedo calibrations. Oh yeah, very disappointing fuel consumption around town. Got better in my 1994 FWD Liberty with 200,000+ kms. Otherwise a great car!!!!

The fuel door locks when u lock the car
Azure Gray 2012 Kiz SLS AWD CVT
2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6
1985 BMW 325e
1993 Subaru Impreza
SamirD

This is was a good thread, so I want to start it up again with my one thing--the TPMS implementation.

My God what a horrible experience! I finally figure out all the details on doing it myself when American cars don't have half the hassle. Shame on the National Safety Council for even making manufacturers require TPMS! Idiots! Make the driving tests more complete like I wrote in the letter I sent to you in the 1990s!
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote:This is was a good thread, so I want to start it up again with my one thing--the TPMS implementation.

My God what a horrible experience! I finally figure out all the details on doing it myself when American cars don't have half the hassle. Shame on the National Safety Council for even making manufacturers require TPMS! Idiots! Make the driving tests more complete like I wrote in the letter I sent to you in the 1990s!
Hmm, my TPMS gives me no problems. When the tires are low on air, they come on. When I fill them to spec, they turn off. Not sure why people have all this drama with them.

The thing that bugs me the most about my Kizashi is the long and somewhat clumsy manual shifter. I wish it was shorter and more precise like in my old Mazda.
I also wish the AWD system was in the manual.
I also wish that it was more fuel efficient, but these complaints are rather minimal. That car is great for the money.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
ah_Perth

A 1980's pixelated display with crude resolution.

My Hyundai I30 has a clearer display.

Other than that rather minor aspect, I am VERY happy with it
murcod

ah_Perth wrote:A 1980's pixelated display with crude resolution.

My Hyundai I30 has a clearer display.

Other than that rather minor aspect, I am VERY happy with it
So does a Kia Rio.... :roll:

The Kia's is also a lot better positioned and layed out.

eg.

David
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:Hmm, my TPMS gives me no problems. When the tires are low on air, they come on. When I fill them to spec, they turn off. Not sure why people have all this drama with them.
The system is fine, and I think the concept is good except that it brings in meddling dealerships and careless tire techs into the pictures--and we pay for all that.

I don't want someone dealership tech jamming my cvt between d and r without stopping or some tire tech overtorqueing the sensor bolt and damaging the sensor--and pay for all of it. This stupid legislation just opens up the door to all that junk. I think the number of saved lives will be balanced by all the people killed by tire techs not seating the sensors right or damaging them. I mean, regular valve stems were still a challenge to some of them. Government 'solutions' at their best--poorly thought out and implemented.

Wanting to just buy a set of winter tires and slap them on the car has been a royal pita because of having to address tpms. The system should have been universal enough and smart enough that any tire with a sensor could just be slapped on and be done with it, or at least have a simplistic bluetooth like setup that an end user can do.

I don't want to buy another car with an active tpms system on it again. I'd rather buy one from Canada and bring it down.