automatically locking doors?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Senegal

I was hoping the Kizashi would automatically lock the doors as it gets to certain speeds :roll: , I mean my 2005 Matrix with factory keyless (not alarm) used to do this and it was about $10k cheaper. Does anyone know if this feature can be programmed into car's existing keyless/alarm system?
NJKizashi

Senegal wrote:I was hoping the Kizashi would automatically lock the doors as it gets to certain speeds :roll: , I mean my 2005 Matrix with factory keyless (not alarm) used to do this and it was about $10k cheaper. Does anyone know if this feature can be programmed into car's existing keyless/alarm system?
This is one feature I wish it had as well :cry:
Scandavader

The dealer delivered my car with automatic door locks, they lock when car starts, they unlock when car is stoped, they do nothing when put to the ACC position. Also the same mechanism closes all windows when the car is locked from outside. I can ask the next time I take my car to the dealer, what was installed exactly. I know it is not only programming since they had to install something on each door and below the dashboard. It is possible that is an aftermarket thing but since I bought it *with* the car I was guaranteed that it wouldn't affect the warranty.
Doraemon

Scandavader wrote:The dealer delivered my car with automatic door locks, they lock when car starts, they unlock when car is stoped, they do nothing when put to the ACC position. Also the same mechanism closes all windows when the car is locked from outside. I can ask the next time I take my car to the dealer, what was installed exactly. I know it is not only programming since they had to install something on each door and below the dashboard. It is possible that is an aftermarket thing but since I bought it *with* the car I was guaranteed that it wouldn't affect the warranty.

Double checked with my dealership and the self lock (when you put the car in drive) and self unlock function (when you put your car in park) is an aftermarket option.
edwarrior

What kind of procedure is done to change that setting?
2012 Kizashi SE CVT FWD in Silver Metallic
NiteRider

Does seem odd that this is not a standard considering the 100's of cars out there cheaper than the kizzy that have them.
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty
Northernstar