My new Kizashi Build**

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
The Turbo Man

Hey guys,

I am new to this forum; however I am not new to forums in general. I have owned an E90 M3 (Dinan Package), E92 335i (Stage 3), 2001 Audi S4 Stage 3+ (530awhp) and I currently drive a B8 (2011) Audi S4 Stage 2+ (new S/C Pully and tune) Along with a 2008 Lincoln Navigator for the wife. I bought the Kizashi from http://suzukiofmanchester.com/. We actually had no plans of buying it until we were at Enterprise Rental right next store returning our car before boarding our flight from the Manchester Airport. Well sure as shit, our flight got cancelled. Now, we have been looking for a car for our son for about a month now. So as we walked out of enterprise, and we stopped in at Manchester Suzuki to see this Kizashi that EVERYONE is raving about.

My wife and I took it for a test drive, we both loved it (a little underpowered). We then tried a money transfer (that was going to take 24 hours. We wanted the car that day to drive home instead of flying), so I put it on my credit card and took delivery THAT day (Only a few hours later).

I had them take a quick look over the car before we set off on our 7 hour drive back to Long Island. The car came with 13 miles on it, and was so dirty when we gave it to our son. He LOVES it. However, he is not into cars as much as I am.

To the details. the car is a Kizashi Sport SLS Navi Edition AWD I the Vivid red, or Crimson Red metalic, not too sure. Stock for now, no need for pictures until the modding begins.

I will have a baseline dyno run before I have ANYTHING installed. Well... maybe coilovers and wheels first.

My son is not much of a car guy; however, I am going to hook him up.

First coming Mods

1)KW Variant 2 Coilovers Along with RRM rear sway bar (It will be SLAMMED)
2)HRE 590R Forged - 18x9 - with the polished finish (used off a friend, great deal with tires)
3)5% Window Tint on sides (Front and back), and 35% on whole windshield (Llumar)
4) Having my local tuner shop do a 16g turbo (similar setup to the RRM kit; however they only have FWD) I will be using the same tune, Injectors, fueling and same FMIC core as the FWD turbo kit option.
5) Exhaust- Holding off for now, waiting to see what I do with the Turbo and downpipe. most likely will be the RRM exhaust.
6)As I have read, I will need a CVT cooler installed with the turbo
7) Carbon Fiber Bumper Cap (already ordered)

I do most of the work myself (Rotary lift and every tool under the sun in my garage), So I can wrench away at night, and hopefully he will not notice downtime on his new ride.

Once again, giving a shout out to the guys at Manchester Suzuki in Manchester, NH for helping me get this deal done in one day! Sorry if you are in this area, these GUYS WERE AWESOME TO WORK WITH; however, I do not recall who I worked with.

Extra info, I paid a touch under sticker (which is way better and WAY cheaper then any car dealer around NYC)

I know you were all looking for the question "I just bought a Suzuki Kizashi, what should my first mod be?".. So sorry to be disappointing :lol:

With best regards,
Sean.
~tc~

Will be interesting to see how the CVT holds up to boost.

Windows WAY too dark for my taste, but sounds like it will be cool when "done".
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
The Turbo Man

This is the only forum that I have ever been on that I can't quote (or that I do not know how)

All of my cars have VERY dark windows for reasons. No I am not mafia, My wife is rather attractive, and I do not want ANYONE seeing her driving or stuck in traffic while in the city. She has 5% tint all around, then an additional 35% layer on top of that. Then 35% on the windshield with an eye brow. My son is not a very big kid, I also do not want someone to see him driving an expensive and price'ey modified car, you never know how big someone is or what they are carrying inside of the car. Great reason for cops to hate window film. Sounds dumb; However, I am VERY protective.

My personal cars have all had dark windows because I HATE sunglasses and when I have to drive by these Occupy Wall Street Hooligans I don't want pictures taken as they may mistake me for some douche bag banker.

I do not expect this CVT to hold anywhere north or 250awhp for very long, I am already looking into other transmissions that may come close to bolting up, if not, a manual swap will be needed (lots of custom work) Keeping my options open, and I will be in touch with a friend of mine who builds dogbox (straight cut) gear boxes to see if he can toughen up, and or modify the CVT. I may just spray a 70 shot of nitrous and bring it to the track to test its limits.

I am also wondering how this motor will hold the boost. 8.5 PSI :roll: :roll: My first S4 ran 28 PSI to redline on GT28 turbos. My 335i was also high boost.. Maybe we will see a motor build kit out of a tuning company here.
gmkizashi

Sounds like a nice plan. Good luck with everything

Are you considering selling the OEM wheels/tires??

By the way, because of your post, every time I see an extremely dark tint now, I'm going to think there is a "not very big" kid or a "rather attractive woman", in addition to a cop/detective/dug dealer/mafia type/celebrity/politian. Kidding-(sort of)

Before you jump, I have the "legal tint" myself here in MA. I got pulled over years ago with darker stuff and it was around a 400 freakin dollar ticket. Ouch.

I have it cause it looks cool and hides my highly reflective, pasty white, bloated middle age reflection.
2010 SLS FWD CVT-Azure Grey
The Turbo Man

I will not be selling the OEM Wheels, the tires I just traded on a nice set of snow tires. The stock shoes will be for winter purposes only. The deal for the HRE's fell through today. So now I am looking a few other options.

I spend a lot of money with my tint guy. He does everything by hand and it is ONLY him, he only uses 1 level of film (Llumar, and it is the highest grade). He writes me receipts saying the tint was removed which I mail to the courthouse. Every tint ticket I have had has been thrown out.

You wouldn't believe the scum bags out there that stalk women in my area, and follow them home. Better safe than sorry I always say.

Speaking of better safe than sorry, can someone help me in the Big brake kit department? Please don't ask me to search, I have had big brake kits on all of my cars (stopTech, and brembo) who likes what on the Kizashi?

Coil-overs should be here in a few weeks. For the winter I think I will have the stock wheels powder coated white. White wheels on red with a nice drop, sounds good to me

Thanks for the help guys!
EnfinityX

Keep us updated, and really interested in that transmission upgrade ur talking about. I don't like the stock cvt, its a big weakness in the car. I've personally been interested in DSGs but yeah.
~tc~

Motor is no problem, it will hold the boost. Google "world record Kizashi" - there are a bunch if videos put together on how thy built the land speed record Kizashi.

RRM sells a big brake kit.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
The Turbo Man

EnfinityX wrote:Keep us updated, and really interested in that transmission upgrade ur talking about. I don't like the stock cvt, its a big weakness in the car. I've personally been interested in DSGs but yeah.
More than likely it will not be cheap. Estimated cost for a stronger trans will be between 2,500 and 4,000. We will see. One step at a time. I drove the M3 and S4 in both Manual and DSG. Still prefer my manual M3 and S4
EnfinityX

The Turbo Man wrote:More than likely it will not be cheap. Estimated cost for a stronger trans will be between 2,500 and 4,000. We will see. One step at a time. I drove the M3 and S4 in both Manual and DSG. Still prefer my manual M3 and S4
Hahaha i prefer a manual too but I gotta take into account certain other members who need to move the car who do not know how to use a manual so DSG is the best alternative.
The Turbo Man

EnfinityX wrote:
The Turbo Man wrote:More than likely it will not be cheap. Estimated cost for a stronger trans will be between 2,500 and 4,000. We will see. One step at a time. I drove the M3 and S4 in both Manual and DSG. Still prefer my manual M3 and S4
Hahaha i prefer a manual too but I gotta take into account certain other members who need to move the car who do not know how to use a manual so DSG is the best alternative.
My Son is one of those "certain members" If he was a true car enthusiast, I would have had NO problem giving him my S4... Just an AMAZING excuse for a new S5 or a new A6. However, at the moment that is a lot of power, for my son, especially with a manual gearbox.