Brought my SLS home today!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Zen RN

Tried to upload a picture, but it says the file is too big. Anyway, I got the Platinum SLS in a 6-speed (of course!).

Already thinking about getting a vanity plate, but I have to wait for the sticker to come first.
mkaresh

What other cars did you consider, and how did they compare to the Kizashi?
TrueDelta.com
Car reliability, real-world fuel economy, and price comparisons
Zen RN

When I started looking for a new car, I was definitely leaning toward a Honda Civic EX coupe. I've had great experience with the Honda I still own (a '98 CR-V EX with 188K on it and only the things you would expect to replace with a vehicle that old), and I felt alot of brand loyalty to Honda because of that. So, the Civic was the only other car I test drove.

I also did alot of car shopping online. I looked at the Ford Fusion and the Mazda 3 and Mazda 6. Earlier in the process, I was giving Toyota a serious look, but when their acceleration problems went public, I shied away.

So after driving the Civic, I went to Suzuki's website to look at the SX4, which had caught my attention sometime last year. When the Suzuki website loaded, I saw the Kizashi, and I think it was love at first sight. :)

I found a Suzuki dealer near me, did lots of reading on Car and Driver, and mostly Edmunds.com, to find what they were selling for with their "TMV Report" feature. Once I saw the car in person, and drove one, I was hooked. I feel I am getting a more high-end feel out of a reasonably priced car. Granted, I did spend more than I would have on a Civic EX, but I could have gotten the base model or one step up (the S or SE respectively), for about the same price. I decided to step up to the SLS because I was able to catch a "You Pay What We Pay" sale at the dealer, so I got it for just under 24,000.

I am going now to write a post about my first impressions, so if you want to know more, you can look there.

Diana
mkaresh

The interior is definitely much nicer than that in a Civic.
TrueDelta.com
Car reliability, real-world fuel economy, and price comparisons
Zen RN

Forgot to add that I don't really like the sedan version of the Civic, and the coupe version is just hard to get in and out of. The Kizashi, although a sedan, has great style.