Suzuki Kisashi reliability - let's get better stats

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
cameo1

mkaresh wrote:My review is my personal opinion, and I don't expect others to share it.

I would like to figure out why you're having trouble logging in. Can you please contact me with your email address here:

http://www.truedelta.com/contact.php
just got my kizashi i think you were a little too harsh on the kizashi of course theres a lot to love...plus you get a lot of value for the money a lot of your review was just nit picking,no way could the kizashi be classified as bland looking is it a suzuki thing line up the cars and see how goodlooking the kizashi is much better looking than most..its a head turner,as some other posters said suzuki gets a hard time just because of its name i believe this to be true.....speaking of bland i cant wait to see your review of the new vw jetta now thats bland but probably will have a glowing review all because its a bigger name brand....
mkaresh

My review of the current Jetta was quite critical of its styling, likening it to a Corolla.

I have absolutely no problem with your love for the Kizashi. In fact, I'm happy you like it so much. I don't expect everyone to share my opinions.
TrueDelta.com
Car reliability, real-world fuel economy, and price comparisons
mkaresh

Now 23 owners signed up for the 2010, plus a couple for the 2011.

It looks like we'll start having reliability stats for the Kizashi in November. We will need more participants to provide full results for the car.

If you're not already participating, to help get the Kizashi fully included:

Car reliability research
TrueDelta.com
Car reliability, real-world fuel economy, and price comparisons
BrashL

Just signed up for a 2010 GTS
2010 Kizashi GTS
AWD CVT
Black Pearl Metallic
TheHolyGhost

Me too!
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
rally rob

lookin wrote:i happen to think suzuki is at a disadvantage just because of its name ..u say you bought a suzuki general response is 'SUZUKI'..you buy a honda or any other brand name its nothing people have a way with brand name [myself included] we do it everyday with different things ...so i suspect suzuki would get critique a lot harder than any other brand out there[ generally speaking mkaresh not directed at you] whether its better or not some people would pass on a suzuki just because of its name people tend to follow one of the reasons why sales are low ..hyundai being called a lot now its on tv everyday so people go buy hyundai..yes every car has pros and cons kizashi is a great car in my opinion i love it..but suzuki needs to market it better get its brand into peoples head too.....I EVEN REMEMBER WHEN NOBODY WANTED TO DRIVE A HYUNDAI now its like sheep following the herd.....suzuki's time is coming proud suzuki kizashi owner...skeptics will bow
I agree with you about Hyundai, i just bought my Kizashi a few weeks ago and love it. I think Susuki will do well with this one .
Hawkzilla

Speaking of bland junk, I got to drive yet another Mazda recently. I used to think these cars were "stylin", but close up they come off as plain cheap. All the outside plastic is matte finished and looks second rate (surprised to see it even on the RX). The inside plastic/materials is much of the same. Combine that with very loose performance and handling, I scratched the Mazda CX off my list for possible replacement vehicles for my wife. For me, Mazda looks and feels cheap... especially when I get back in my Kizashi.
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
autopiolet

I agree with Hawkzilla, my zashi interior has spoiled me and sets a high bar. When getting an oil change I went next door and looked at the Subaru. The interiors are all hard plastic, they look really cheap in comparison.
TheHolyGhost

The new Subaru interiors are worse than some of the older ones. The Legacy at least. Kind of a shame, really. If it was nicer though, I probably would have bought that instead of my Kizashi, so it's for the best!
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Sarahlu03

HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Transmission went out at 1,148 miles!!! and they supposedly replaced it and guess what it is acting the same way it was just before it went out on my vacation!!!! It now only has 1,438 miles!!! I haven't owned it even 2 months and am about to go thru a total of 3 transmission!!!!