Suzuki Kisashi reliability - let's get better stats

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
autopiolet

Sounds like you have really bad luck, what are the odds of two bad transmission - If this next one goes out I'd think something else was the cause. Maybe a program is over working something but I'm no mechanic. I have 9,000 miles on mine and have noting go wrong with it. (Knock on wood because I'd feel like a scorned lover)
mkaresh

We'll have an initial result for the Kizashi next month, but it looks like we might come up 2-3 responses short of the minimum for full results.

So even a few additional participants would be very helpful. Details here:

Car reliability research
TrueDelta.com
Car reliability, real-world fuel economy, and price comparisons
mkaresh

We ended up two responses short, but do have a partial result. Based on this limited amount of data, the Kizashi looks about average in reliability so far, with 74 repair trips per 100 vehicles per year.

We'll have another update in February based on much more data. Even a few more participants would enable a full result the next time around.

Suzuki Kizashi reliability comparisons
TrueDelta.com
mapeterson2

That's very cool. Thanks guys, I actually found a link to your guys' site and posted it up in a facts and specs thread.
2005 Pontiac GTO - 375 rwhp
2001 Ford Ranger XLT - Stock w/ 6 inch lift
AlexRuiz

I'll join :P
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT
mkaresh

Thank you for posting the link.

We'll have an updated, full result next month. Great participation by owners of the 2010. Continue to especially need more 2011s.

Car reliability research
TrueDelta.com
Blackbelt

I have belonged to True Delta for a little over a year. When i traded in my smart on the Kizzy, i registered it there. Great site and really has a lot of valuable info.
2010 Kizashi S AWD
2009 Suzuki SX-4 Touring AWD
2008 Smart fortwo Passion Coupe
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD
mkaresh

We have updated results for the Kizashi to include owner experiences through December 31, 2010. The updated stat of 89 repair trips per 100 cars per year is worse than average.

Common problem areas include the Rockford Fosgate amp and plastic trim around the front passenger seat.

Everyone who has been helping, thanks. We'll have further updates in May and August. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover the 2011 as well.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help:

Suzuki Kizashi reliability ratings and comparisons
TrueDelta.com
Moto
Site Admin

Thanks for the update. That doesn't look good hopefully next year is better.
mkaresh

The second model year of a new design is often better. Also realize that even with the 2010 two problems are responsible for many of the repairs, and cars without the Rockford Fosgate system avoid one of them. Neither repair is something to be very concerned about.

We do especially need more participants for the 2011, to see how it compares to the 2010.
TrueDelta.com