kizashi has moved on

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
scorcher

If he got 15K hard for his car he was lucky. Not talked about how the dealers inflate the price to offset any rebates or discounts. Look on KKB and see what the average trade in is and you will be shocked. :lol:
chazyouwin

If I remember correctly it was KS Kizashi who got a huge discount on a dealer leftover stock for his 2010. So I would assume he had room to play with to call it relatively even.
Also, he doesn't say it was purchased. If that discount was incorporated into a lease, he might well have had bargaining power for a trade-in so that the dealer keeps him in a car for a longer period. Nothing bad about that, its just that the experience doesn't give a useful point of resale or trade-in reference.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
kskizashi

I did get a deal on my Kizashi when i bought it so was able to get out from under the loan and with the KIA rebate I was able to break even. The KIA dealer offered 16K at first but I "negotiated" them up to giving me 17K (hard) for my Kizashi in part because of the low miles and the fact I had just replaced all 4 tires and had an alignment done on it after the front tires were shot at 17K miles. 2 months later it is still sitting on thier lot and they are asking 18.5 for it. There's no denying the front seats in the Kizashi are better I'll admit that. The turbo KIA has a little more get up and go that my Kizashi did and that is something Suzuki needs to look at hard and not just let the after market crowd cater to. The Infinity sound system in the KIA has a much cleaner sound to it than the Rockford Fosgate I've noticed and the interior overall is laid out better. Kids are happy with the heated rear seats, the panaromic sunroof (until the first serious hail storm) and I'm just as happy up front with my heated/cooled seats, nav and heated steering wheel.
lookin

i wonder how is the optima holding up what are your impressions now vs kizashi ..i hope you still follow the forum...im thinking about the optima myself....
lookin

i finally but sadly moved on from my [really my lady own] beloved kizashi it truly was a good car but suzuki really have to do better with they dealership situation and i didnt like the uncertainty of whether they leaving usa or not.....it really started when i had to wait a month for a\c blower that went bad ,[they told me they have problems getting parts from suzuki],next week they closed . then i had a door seal that was coming off so called dealer said he will order seal after trying to put it back on it wouldnt work i waited a month no call from them i called they told me to come in im waiting around for car they say its ready i could tell its the old seal [no biggie i just didnt want it flopping off everytime i open door] i asked how they got it to work this time he was reluctant to say then he said they glued it on i didnt think thats right for a two year old car with warranty even so i waited for a month for the part,he even said he didnt want to take it completly off because sometimes its hard to get it back right lol,,,but they want me to trust them to take apart passenger door so they could lubricate window motor that groans ,,how about changing the motor its under warranty,so this is the second rate hole in the wall type of so called dealershp suzuki dealing with obviously not all but in my area....i have a gm truck the dealer always was good with me so i went back to gm picked up a 2012 cadillac srx today,,dealer is 2 blocks away so no crazy driving to be disappointed by second rate dealer...i will miss kizzy though,,but suzuki need to get there act together to be taken seriously even mitsubishi trying.....good luck everybody with your kizzies they deserve a lot more attention i blame suzuki....dont worry i will close the door on my way out......
murcod

I've just bought a Kizashi and my mother has a new Kia Rio - don't know if you get them in the USA? As far as panel gaps go (usually a sign of a well engineered vehicle) I have to admit that the Rio has a lot closer and more consistent gaps. It's even a decent thing to drive and has all the latest technology (even things that are missing off my bottom spec Kizashi....)
David
lookin

image.jpeg
dont get me wrong i loved the kizashi i think its well executed for what it is its better than a lot of nissans or toyotas in my opinion thats why i bought it ..and i dont care what no one says good dealerships has a place with new cars for warranty work a new car shouldnt be patched it should be repaired in a timely manner ..this is where suzuki is making a big mistake along with other factors...im still rooting for suzuki ....funny thing today im at work with new srx what parks behind me a silver kizashi same color i had looking sweet....i shook my head i love that car....sorry pic is so big i thought it was gonna be smaller
chazyouwin

Best of luck with the new vehicle. Hope it works for you. And thanks for contributing.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.