whine/whirl noise 2012 CVT vids

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
WESHOOT2

Do you like your Kizashi? I assume enough to buy it.
Consider having it fixed?
Moto
Site Admin

Should be warranty work I would think... Probably even if you didn't get the car at a dealer.

I had a screw get sucked out of my air intake into my engine on my mazda protege 5. They had to take the top end of the engine apart to get it out, but I was glad I didn't sell it based on that alone. I have put 100K on the car since then without much going wrong. (wheel bearing and some other suspension stuff, but nothing too big.)
eatrocks

offered 14,000....wow

in 5th gear decelerating from around 40 to 19mph around a corner and had VERY little throtte getting back up to speed, i forgot to manually downshift but i know i have seen it over and over go down in to four around 35mph.....oh yea, rattlesnake CVT noise still loud and clear...its fun to scare people on the left side of the road lol
Azure Gray 2012 Kiz SLS AWD CVT
2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6
1985 BMW 325e
1993 Subaru Impreza
Senegal

got offered $15k on 2010 SLS AWD with 32K miles. May trade it for '13 Acura RDX AWD with Tech package. They are offering it $2300 off MSRP and 10% off accessories/installation cost (Hitch, splash guards) and 2.9% for 72 months.

decisions, decisions...
Northernstar

the new RDX's AWD is not SH-AWD anymore. it uses the same AWD system as CRV to reduce weight and improve fuel economy......SUCKS!!
Senegal

true, but it is still a very capable car as obvious by the many reviews out there. I drove one yesterday and I thought it was interesting that reviewers thought the car was very quiet, which is "relative" at best, but I think the build quality of the Kizashi as it well as its cabin appointments and "quietness" are superior.

the RDX actually rides much like a car, seating position is not that high from what I could tell had good pick up and cornering. Other than a new "design", the engine, transmission and the AWD hardware is all sourced from various Honda models (new CRV, Accord and odyssey) with proven reliability.

Funny thing was that they didn't want the Kizashi parked in front of their showroom, they drove it as part of the appraisal for trade in and parked it in the corner around the side of the dealership. Even then, one of their techs, their service manager and an acura owner were still checking it out. :mrgreen:

and to insure it, $100/6mo less than the Kizashi with Geico...go figure
eatrocks

I had a proven accord v6 that the tranny crapped out...
1985 BMW 325e
1993 Subaru Impreza
Blackbelt

eatrocks wrote:I had a proven accord v6 that the tranny crapped out...
I had 2 Accord Transmissions crap out on me. You couldn't give me anything made by Honda(except an S2000)
2010 Kizashi S AWD
2009 Suzuki SX-4 Touring AWD
2008 Smart fortwo Passion Coupe
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD
eatrocks

so....went to mitshu, got 4.5k off sticker price on a 2012 ralliart base but had to walk out (twice)to get it, financing would have killed me though even though the manager called me the next day with the APR rate cut in half and ANOTHER 500 off....they wanted 18000 for my kiz....

RA was very fun, loved the active AWD diff, turbo, evo engine. transmission reacts like a stick, you brake and it revs up even in normal mode, MUCH better handling. interior even on top trim didn't come close, except those recaro seats. id take them over the rockford/leather

i will take my car back to suzuki within a few weeks and see what happens, gotta get someone who gives a shit over there to ride with me in my car, errrr i REALLY hope its not cvt, but the fact that it happens after its good and warm makes me think it can't just be something loose and only happens on 2,500-3,500 rpm range.
1985 BMW 325e
1993 Subaru Impreza
eatrocks

Took my kiz in to dealer to check out the rattling. Mechanic drove my car with me and heard the noise but of course he was not familiar with 'these type of trannys' and not sure if the grinding rattle is a normal feature of the cvt. they assured me they will fix it so I'm am confident they will not fix shit. Noise has gotten worse as it gets warmer outside, it has been downshifting while in 3rd/4th gear getting up from 20mph to 40, the tachometer will bounce up and down when I give it 1/2 throttle mash.
1985 BMW 325e
1993 Subaru Impreza