power windows with grinding noise

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Senegal

my passenger side front window is now making grinding noise with up or down motion, i'm not sure if i had not noticed it before since the car was either on or I had music on, has anyone else noticed this? it does what it's suppose to do but i'm not sure what to make of the noise, taking it to the dealer next week, only 4000 miles left under bumper-bumper warranty :shock:

2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS
Warranty Work

-hood/fenders re-patinted
-wheel sensor replaced
-sub-woofer replaced
-Trunk inner handle replaced
-wheel hubcap replaced

current mileage: 32k
Moto
Site Admin

Been driving in any sand storms lately :) ?
Northernstar

no grinding noise for me
Renn90

Both my 2010 front windows make a noise like a tuant metal cable being wound on a spool, especially when the windows approach full open.

Please let us know how your dealer visit goes.
2010 Kizashi SE AWD
OzzieKizzy

Senegal wrote:my passenger side front window is now making grinding noise with up or down motion, i'm not sure if i had not noticed it before since the car was either on or I had music on, has anyone else noticed this? it does what it's suppose to do but i'm not sure what to make of the noise, taking it to the dealer next week, only 4000 miles left under bumper-bumper warranty :shock:

2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS
Warranty Work

-wheel sensor replaced
-sub-woofer replaced
-wheel hubcap replaced

I have a similar issue on the drivers front window. Sounds like the window is creaking it's way through, not a scratching or grinding noise, just like it's being twisted in some way. Will be interesting to see how you go with your dealer!
2011 XLS
Tinted
De-Badged
Kenwood Satnav
Ronzuki

Renn90 wrote:Both my 2010 front windows make a noise like a tuant metal cable being wound on a spool, especially when the windows approach full open.

Please let us know how your dealer visit goes.
x2, they've always done this so I am not terribly concerned.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
rjc1976

OzzieKizzy wrote:
Senegal wrote:my passenger side front window is now making grinding noise with up or down motion, i'm not sure if i had not noticed it before since the car was either on or I had music on, has anyone else noticed this? it does what it's suppose to do but i'm not sure what to make of the noise, taking it to the dealer next week, only 4000 miles left under bumper-bumper warranty :shock:

2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS
Warranty Work

-wheel sensor replaced
-sub-woofer replaced
-wheel hubcap replaced

I have a similar issue on the drivers front window. Sounds like the window is creaking it's way through, not a scratching or grinding noise, just like it's being twisted in some way. Will be interesting to see how you go with your dealer!
I have a similar creaking/clicking noise with both my front windows. I'm not too worried about it though.