Odd request for you

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Moto
Site Admin

I don't suppose you could go to this link and vote for the "Authentique - Glory" collection.
http://papercrafterscorner.com/blog/4th ... book-2012/
:D

It would help out a friend of mine. I think she could use the kizashiclub bump.

Thanks.

Sorry about the spam I will delete this post in the next day or two. (What is the point of being admin if you cant abuse the power from time to time)
Moto
Site Admin

Too make this post a little more worth your time please tell me what you would like to see added to the site. I have had a few ideas lately, but I haven't had time to work on them. I would like to make a kizashi database as it could prove useful for identifying problems.

It would be a web questionnaire.

Something like:
Forum ID (optional)
state of residence
color
packages
vin (maybe partial VIN)
Problems (I might make check boxes for the most common issues)

I don't think I will be able to integrate this poll with the forum log in, but that is sort of OK, because I would like everyone to be able to use it.

I would like it to provide some statics, but I haven't worked everything out yet. True delta already sort of does all this, but this way we would be able to track migration of the existing kizashis on the road.
Senegal

got my vote
sciraddo

Done...

While I love my Kizzy, I have doubts that it will have a good resale price. Would definitely like to track or know how many Kizzy's are on the road. I can count the number of Kizzy's that I've seen on one hand...well maybe I've started on my second hand. I live in British Columbia, Canada.

Also like to know about new products out there for the Kizzy, engine, exterior, interior, suspensions, exhaust.

Thanks
Senegal

yep, resale value is not that great, nearly 42% drop for my car over ~2yrs/32k miles. I traded in the '10 SLS AWD Kizashi today for '13 Acura RDX AWD + Tech, and I got 15k for it and I had bought it for $25.5k in March 2010.

Edmunds TMV value for the trade was about 15800, but good luck getting anyone to meet the TMV price.

They have a way to look at national and regional auctions and all average prices, as well as prices that these cars are getting sold as used off other lots, from what I saw were they were selling at $10-14k from auction and $15-17k off dealer lots. All in all, they will probably mark-up the price at $17-20k, but time will tell how easy it will sell.

Unlike other brands (toyota, honda, etc), you will have a difficult time selling it yourself due to brand recognition and lack of proper dealership network.

Suzuki dealer offered $15500 if it was to be a trade-in.

I bought the car thinking I would keep it, but a series of issues dramatically reduced my confidence in the brand. The car would do very well at VW dealerships though.

I loved every single minute of the ownership though :mrgreen:
chazyouwin

Acura RDX is an excellent car for a small family and a different direction.

As to the K, I do not think the percentage of resale value drop you mention is unusual for any new car. I would have expected a new car priced at $25,000 to drop $7000 for a resale to a dealer the moment a buyer takes possession, and another $3000 or so drop for another year does not seem bad. If you had gotten significantly better I would have been impressed.

It is for that reason I buy cars expecting to keep them for ten years and more.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
Northernstar

RDX model before '12 is great and worth every penny but after that it is just overpriced
but as long as you like it ;)