What color is your Kizashi, & do you have paint chips ?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Senegal

KCKizashi wrote:
stapletondoc wrote:Platinum Silver....made in December 2009....have a few small chips
platinum silver here, made in 3/2010 - no chips as of yet (knock on wood) but I only have about 500 miles so far.
hopefully you'll be fine, chips are so far limited to the early production models.
KCKizashi

Senegal wrote:
KCKizashi wrote:
stapletondoc wrote:Platinum Silver....made in December 2009....have a few small chips
platinum silver here, made in 3/2010 - no chips as of yet (knock on wood) but I only have about 500 miles so far.
hopefully you'll be fine, chips are so far limited to the early production models.
Nope.... hand-washed the car last night and found a small chip on the hood, driver's side. About the size of a match head. GRRR..... so, it doesn't look like the build time/date has anything to do with crappy paint quality.
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD
Senegal

that's unfortunate :(
lookin

nothing on my kizashi but i did find 2 chips on my 2009 tahoe wonder if gm would fix
JDReichert

Platinum Silver Metallic SLS with no chips, yet. Build date is October 2009. I have requested touch-up paint be custom mixed for the car from a company in California that claim they can match any color or paint. We'll see when I receive it. If good, I'll post the info. here.

Jerry 2010 Kizashi, 1977 Mercedes-Benz 280SL, 1983 BMW 633CSi
TheHolyGhost

When did assembly start? Mine's 12/09, I assume that that falls into the "Early Production" category?
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
gaww

This time next week I will be driving up through NJ and NYC - I guess that may be the baptism by fire with respect to paint chips. Fingers crossed - the front film should prevent most, but not the side and rear chips like NJkizashi has experienced.

Will post results after safely back in WNC.
Senegal

TheHolyGhost wrote:When did assembly start? Mine's 12/09, I assume that that falls into the "Early Production" category?
i believe the earliest production date for the retail market is Oct 09.
stapletondoc

lower front bumper
lower front bumper
What started as a small paint chip on the lower part of the front bumper has now pealed away into ~1/2 inch diameter sized defect....
Last edited by stapletondoc on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD CVT in Platinum Silver
Denver, CO
Hawkzilla

Well I got my first chip last week. It was raining that morning so I took my hood guard off before I drove to work. Then over lunch it had stopped raining but I was running late so I decided to put my hood guard back on when I got home... big mistake. In that short time I ended up with a very small paint chip, about the size of a small piece of sand. It was nothing to get worked up about, but I found it interesting that it was located where the hood guard would have been. It also doesn't bother me because the look of the hood guard has grown on me to the point where I can't stand to have it off anyway.

Something to note: I was feeling lazy and had my daughter with me, so I decided to take my Kizashi through an automated car wash for the first time. The high pressure of the water combined with the jet air dryers (that if a small object got sucked into, it would easily chip the paint) scared the heck out of me. I doubt the chip happened then, but those things are definitely not good for your paint job. I will not be that lazy again. lol
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic