Bye Everyone...

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Moto
Site Admin

You may get your wish in 2014.
KuroNekko

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/08/24/2014 ... he-states/

There you go. I doubt the one available now is this new one. If I were in the market, I would wait for this one... or maybe even after this generation of WRXs. Hahaha.
I am a big Subaru fan, but their cars have got uglier and uglier. It's like their designer leaves his glasses at home everyday on his way to work. Same can be said for their entire line up. They've gone the route of bland for the sake of mass appeal. They definitely got some Toyota injected in them.

And for using premium gas in a car not calling for it is just wasting your money. There may be a performance difference, but it's not actually benefiting your car. I actually think putting high oct gas in a non-turbo or non performance engine is just a waste of money. I really doubt a Lexus V6 in a RX needs premium. It's almost like for the image and prestige of having a luxury car more than anything.

Lastly, yes, the WRX is much faster than the Kizashi, but they aren't really competitors. The real competitor to the Kizashi is the normally aspirated Legacy. In that regard, I think the Kizashi is more appealing. Definitely won me over. Also, the Kizashi isn't really that slow, especially if you have a manual transmission. I was just thrashing it about tonight on some country roads and I was thinking to myself that it's quite fun. I personally feel like to get the most out of a 4 cylinder engine, you got to get a manual. CVTs really trade performance and response for efficiency. They aren't the best match for 4 cylinder engines unless you just want to be fuel efficient.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
murcod

Higher octane fuel isn't a total waste. In Australia the higher octane fuels all seem to contain additives to help keep the engine clean (if you believe the advertising!)

Also there would be very few vehicles that wouldn't operate using a knock sensor. That will retard the ignition timing if detonation from a low octane fuel is detected (and reduce power). So it is highly possible the power output will increase with better quality fuels.

I run all my vehicles on 98 RON (the highest octane here that doesn't involve ethanol). The 2004 XL-7 we have is only supposed to use 91 octane, but I've heard it detonating on a hot day climbing a hill. I've used 98 ever since. I'd rather pay the extra for better fuel and reduce the chances of detonation.

There's also a fair bit of evidence that a lot of vehicles can get better fuel economy on higher octane fuels. Whether the Kizashi falls into that category - who knows!?
David
hotdog

Wow! He's bought the car, his money, his decision, let him be. Enjoy your WRX, dude!!
Wonson92

On the subject of fuel, mines recommended 95? Says it on the fuel cap and in the user manual. Does no one else have this?:/ had to use 91 once because there was nothing else and only got about 200k to the tank and the car just felt filthy in general.
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
DelliReeus

Damn I wish guys :( a day before I was supposed to get my WRX I got in a horrible accident, my car is totalled. I'm figuring out on what's going to happen & then get the WRX or see what will happen...
2010 AWD/FWD Kizashi S Black Pearl Metallic
murcod

As long as you are okay? Cars can be replaced....

It might work out for the best with no trade in and the insurance payout?
David
KuroNekko

Sorry to hear about your accident and the car getting totaled, but at least you seem fine. What kind of accident was it? The Kizashi is a pretty safe car and it seems to have proved itself.
If you are really set on getting the WRX, you may no longer have the option to wait for the next one. A few posts back, I linked an article with spy shots of the 2014 WRX. It will be in Subaru showrooms next year as the next gen WRX.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)