Has anyone installed H&R springs on their Kizashi???

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Yipster

Hi guys,

Thinking of installing H&R springs on the Kizashi. Has anyone got this on their Kizashi?

Keen to get some feedback on the springs, i.e. how it rides and looks. There are generally good feedback on H&R springs over the internet, but has nothing specific on the Kizashi. I've upgraded my wheels to 19" so I'm a bit worried on how the springs would affect the car.

Cheers
sciraddo

I did and found it to be less bouncy than the stock springs, but then I only drove VW's (12 in total) up till now and they have all been lowered either on springs or coilovers. I have a 2011 Kizashi GTS, FWD with the 6 speed manual. This dropped the cars ride height 1" at the front and 1.5" at the rears after the springs settled, loved that the wheel gap was reduced. I did not go with larger rims but did get a staggered set up 8" up front and 9" at the rear, with a different offset which pushed the wheels out further. The car gets a lot more looks now!! I found also that the steering input was also quicker and prior to the spring and wheel swap. Hope this helps you out.
sciraddo

Stock height
Stock height with 18" new wheels different offset from stock 18's.
Lowered
Lowered
I know the afters are not the greatest, I will get some different ones later
rustytrombone

Can you post some close ups of it lowered
DelliReeus

flush iiiitt lol
2010 AWD/FWD Kizashi S Black Pearl Metallic
sciraddo

The height drop is not dramatic but looks way better than stock height. Or I am a bad photographer. Bad angles... :lol:

Yipster

Sweet, thanks for the pictures Sciraddo. They look great!

Did you end up changing the shocks as well or did you just change the springs? I did a bit of internet research and there are some out there that claim that shocks are a must when changing springs...

I'm really only after looks, i.e. reducing the wheel gap, so I'm leaning towards just swapping springs.
murcod

Looks nice, you judged the rim off set perfectly (PS: mind specifying the offsets front and rear?) What size tyres are you running too- I'm guessing they're not the stock 215/55?
David
Wonson92

From my understanding Shocks are a must if you want the car to last. Supposably, springs reduce the life of stock shocks 15-20,000 kms (i think like 12.5 thou miles??). in other words eventually your shocks will blow. I guess the next persons problem if your doing low kms then selling it though. Looks pretty clean though from the pics above.
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
sciraddo

Thanks for the comments, I think a drop is a definite must to give it that more sporty look.

Yipster. No I didn't change the shocks.

Wonson92 is absolutely right that if you leave your stock shocks it will reduce their lifespan. That being said, most aftermarket performance parts cost just a fraction of a bit more than OEM, plus I don't thrash my car so hopefully they will last. When you buy aftermarket sport shocks they are usually built to take more abuse, they also ride a bit stiffer and they shouldn't bottom out. I still find the ride to be a bit more bouncy than I would like. Believe me when I tell you because all of my VW's were and are slammed and you can definitely feel every bump and crack on the pavement.
The only VW left in my fleet. Wheels are BBS RS, 16X8 and 16X9 with a 45 offset, bolt pattern 5X114.3 with adaptors to fit 5X100, tires are Falkens, 195/40/16.

Murcod, I am using my stock Dunlop 235/45/18's right now. I was thinking of going to a 40's profile but then that will increase the wheel gap again. And yes that does make rotating the tires a pain, but I have a friend who owns a tire shop so he gives me a bit of a break. Next set of tires will be something with a more aggressive tread and stiffer sidewalls. Offset for the rims +38 for both front and rears, 18X8 and 18X9. I used an offset calculator I found on the web. It lets you enter the stock rim size, width and offset and the size, width and offset of the rim you are considering and lets you know how much gain or loss you have for both inside and outside. My buddy just got the same set of wheels for his 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer and the offset works as well.

Here's the Link: http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

I would like to put coilovers on my car but I don't think there are any out there for our cars right now. If any of you hear different about coilovers for our cars please let me know.