Higher Prices! Fewer Options! Are these the 2013s?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Fishobaby

The newly revamped Suzuki website does not mention "2013," but maybe that would be unlucky. But what good is luck when you keep shooting yourself in the foot?

Prices are higher across the board. Must pay for expensive Super Bowl ad?Gone is the MT option on the GTS. MT only available in white with beige. I'll pass.
nytq

Just saw that. WOW :shock: . They aren't even offering the 18" wheels with my model "2011 SE AWD". Guess I bought at the right time LOL. That is a real shame Suzuki is taking this route, when every other manufacturer is giving more for the price. Also only offering the MT in the base model. Bad, Bad, Bad :!: given the huge amount of negative feedback this car is getting on the CVT and lack of power. I've gotten used to it, but would definitely go for a MT with AWD.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
KuroNekko

OMG! You are right!
The manual is only offered on the base model! That sucks! I used to applaud Suzuki as one of the new makers offering manuals even in the upper trims. I guess no more. It's odd given that in 2012, they offered a manual SLS which wasn't offered the year before.
I am so glad that I have a 2011 GTS manual, before they spec'ed it down for 2012 and then eliminated it all together for 2013. If I was only given the choice of a base Kizashi or go with a CVT, I would be driving something else all together.
I think this is part of Suzuki's cost cutting as they dwindle in the US. What they really need to do is get the Swift here. It's one of the most critically acclaimed small cars in the world. And not available in the US. :roll:
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
klement

Hmm, here(Slovakia) the kizashi's comparable offer is the the local "Sport" version, which is the same as yours SLS AWD, WITHOUT the in-dash navigation and WITHOUT the rockford-fosgate sound system. Otherwise its 1:1. The price tag for that is 29750 EURO which is roughly 38700$.
ragmopp01

When I went through the agonies of the damned trying to get a 2011 with a manual and having zero luck out here in Oregon. I was lucky that my dealer got me in touch with the west coast distribution manager for Kizashi. He did score one for me (although it was still on the ship and I had to wait a few weeks) so I was happy. In our conversations I asked him about the lack of manual tranies in the car for the US. He replied that virtually all the sales for the Kizashi (and most likely other makes) are autos, and quite simply that is what the public wants. When I complained he agreed with me that there is a certain percentage of folks, like us, that DO want a manual transmission but the numbers basically do not add up.
To me this is a shame, as I enjoy a manual transmission and would be bored as all get out if I was 'forced' to buy a auto. Unfortunately, this might just be a fact of life.

By the way, isn't the Sonata only available on their base model with a manual? It was when I was looking at the two (didn't look too long on the Sonata). Maybe since then the turbo version does have a manual, as that would make sense. Not that I care...
toddrochester

And they color choices are few and far between.
wndrwgn

I will be in the market for the Kizashi in mid-November. After researching for the 2013 models, I noticed the same thing. There are a true lack of options and accessories. Instead of models everything is an add-on. Plus, there are what, 4 color options for the model I want- Sport SLS AWD.

Also, was looking for a NAVI equipped but 2012s are pretty much sold out with the option.

They are so close to a new customer...