Krashzashi

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Trailboss

My offer on buying that lower grille still stands.
If I get the car, and the grill is undamaged, I will see what I can do....thanks for the input, it is appreciated.
Trailboss

The insurance company wanted $3,900.00 for salvage title, I told them that at that price I wasn't interested.
murcod

Over here that would be cheap- but everything is dearer here! :)

You couldn't get the parts you want and then strip and sell stuff on Ebay? A lot of work, but you could get a fair bit of money back.

It sucks that they've changed the models so much.
David
KizKiz

Aww no!! Didn't see your post earlier, so glad to hear that she is okay! It pains me to see our Kizzy's wrecked. :( Glad to know everyone is okay though!
Ronzuki

Trailboss wrote:The insurance company wanted $3,900.00 for salvage title, I told them that at that price I wasn't interested.
How much would you pay for it?? Offer them that. I'd be surprised if they pulled in $3900 at auction these days. It's not like salvage yards are going to be trying to stock their yards w/ Kizashis. Typical insurance company, experts at attempting to cut their loses by ripping off the policy holders.

https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/Search.as ... rd=Kizashi

All you have to do is watch for one of these to go to auction, and after it sells call the auction location up and see what it sold for. Then there's fees the insurance co. pays taken out of that. They won't walk away w/ anywhere near 3900. Offer them 1800 for the car back if you really want it.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Trailboss

You couldn't get the parts you want and then strip and sell stuff on Ebay? A lot of work, but you could get a fair bit of money back.
Kizashi's have a pretty great warranty, so other than wear and tear parts, it would take awhile to get the money back.
Ronzuki wrote:
Trailboss wrote:The insurance company wanted $3,900.00 for salvage title, I told them that at that price I wasn't interested.
How much would you pay for it?? Offer them that. I'd be surprised if they pulled in $3900 at auction these days. It's not like salvage yards are going to be trying to stock their yards w/ Kizashis. Typical insurance company, experts at attempting to cut their loses by ripping off the policy holders.

https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/Search.as ... rd=Kizashi

All you have to do is watch for one of these to go to auction, and after it sells call the auction location up and see what it sold for. Then there's fees the insurance co. pays taken out of that. They won't walk away w/ anywhere near 3900. Offer them 1800 for the car back if you really want it.

Thanks Ron,

What you said makes a lot of sense...I will give them a call and see what they say...I will offer $1400.00....
murcod

Trailboss wrote:
Kizashi's have a pretty great warranty, so other than wear and tear parts, it would take awhile to get the money back.
There are a lot of lower spec model owners out there with non leather steering wheels, no bluetooth stereo, no leather seats, no 18" wheels, people who might need new tail lights, interior parts, shonky people after a low mileage dash cluster etc etc . Overseas desperados desiring a Sport model lower grille - you get the idea :lol:

Being the top spec model there are a lot of desirable parts.
David
~tc~

I am looking for at least two SLS wheels...
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
Trailboss

I have been AWOL for quite awhile, so I thought that I would check in.
We had bought another SLS, same color but a 2012 with 15k....it doesn't have the leather seats and the auto dimming rearview mirror, and automatic headlights which I do miss dearly. I snagged the flooormats which were still like brand new when I cleaned the car out at the tow yard.

The one I bought had heavy smoke from cigarettes, but the selling dealer did an ozone treatment...a faint smell lingered for about a month, but it went away.

We had AAA insurance and they always treated us really good, one major incident and they turned into jerks...the first thing they said to my wife is "YOU KNOW THAT YOUR INSURANCE WILL INCREASE DON"T YOU!" The woman that I tried to deal with on the salvage was a eal bitch, by the time I got done with her, I had no desire to give her a penny.

Still sad about losing the first one, but this one has been flawless.
paininthenuts

I think that damage will come out with a really good scratch remover :lol: