Krashzashi

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Trailboss

The wife had a booboo on the way to work Thursday, in our 2011 SLS that was flawless and had less that 15k on the odo... :cry:
Attachments
Krashzashi.jpg
Trailboss

The next day I set out to replace it with a used one, and missed this one by minutes.... :cry: :cry:
Attachments
l.jpg
murcod

:o Is she alright? That's a big accident. I assume from running into the rear of a truck or something similar?

PS: If that lower centre grille on your old Kizashi's bumper happens to fall out I'll pay you $$$ for it... ;)
David
Moto
Site Admin

WOW... she ok?

Looks like you got in a fight with a much bigger vehicle.
Trailboss

Yeah, she is allright.

She came over a hump...the picture doesn't show it, and a pickup was sitting there, and the car nosed under the back end. The tow truck driver and officer said that they were impressed with the way the car absorbed the impact. They both stated how nice the car was....it even gets compliments as a wreck. :mrgreen:

As for the grill, the car is with AAA, surely it will be totaled, so they will be the new owners...the adjuster asked me if I wanted the car back, I can imagine the parts would be a gold mine if I had the connections to part it out and sell them.
murcod

Great to hear she's okay. Best of luck with the search for your new Kizashi.
David
Trailboss

Thank you, murcod
WESHOOT2

glad all are okay
KuroNekko

Glad to hear the wife is okay. Sorry to see your Kizashi like this.

Is the car really going to be totaled? It looks like the majority of the damage is done to the hood and components directly behind the grill. Was the engine block damaged? How about the exhaust manifold?
The frame looks undamaged to me. It may be totaled because the cost of repairing the car may exceed the worth of the car, but I think this car would be a great salvage title car. With a new hood, new fenders, headlights, bumper, grill, radiator, fan, air filter box, and some other components near the front upper, it seems like it could be revived. None of these are that hard to replace, especially for an auto body shop.
Rise Kizashi, Rise from the dead and run again!!! :twisted:
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
murcod

The price of Suzuki parts would be going against it being repaired. I'm guessing the airbag/s might have deployed given the damage? So possibly interior parts and airbags need replacing.
David