Paint Chip Call received from Suzuki USA

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
NJKizashi

Well after sending an email to Suzuki customer service I just receieved a call from a service manager there in CA..I gave her my VIN # and chip details, I was instructed to take the car back to the dealer/service Manager to have them look at it and document the findings.

Suzuki wants to know if this could be an actual paint defect that they will take care of.

I would advise EVERYONE who has paint issues to call Suzuki Customer Service at 1-800-934-0934

With enough people calling, this paint issue will get on the Radar
sloopercat

I planned on stopping by the dealer tomorrow.
Senegal

will get documented in June.
kidzashi

My Kizashi is azure gray and I found chipping on the doors of the car and the trunk, they all take on a circular form about 1 1/2 inch around. I called Suzuki to today and they gave me a case number, I still have to do be the dealer so they can have a look at it. I also have chipping in the front from road debre, but I drive on the expressway with heavy traffic everyday. If you drive as I do I highly recommend a protective mask for the front. I still don't think it should chip in the front as it's been doing, but I can almost bet Suzuki will use it as an excuse. But as far as the doors and the trunk I've never seen anything like it.
waiter

what was your manufactured date? curious
Senegal

everyone, please post your paint chip images in the sticky created for this topic
gaww

kidzashi wrote:My Kizashi is azure gray and I found chipping on the doors of the car and the trunk, they all take on a circular form about 1 1/2 inch around. I called Suzuki to today and they gave me a case number, I still have to do be the dealer so they can have a look at it. I also have chipping in the front from road debre, but I drive on the expressway with heavy traffic everyday. If you drive as I do I highly recommend a protective mask for the front. I still don't think it should chip in the front as it's been doing, but I can almost bet Suzuki will use it as an excuse. But as far as the doors and the trunk I've never seen anything like it.
1 1/2 inch around is REALLY strange - most of the pictures and posts have been small - up to eraser sized.

So far i have been lucky, but have been enjoying mainly secondary roads in the Blue Ridge mountains. Will be going through norther NJ and NYC area this week, and have my fingers crossed, as it may be somewhat of a function of the road debris levels encountered.
Moto
Site Admin

I agree that sounds strange. I don't know what you'll be able to do though. My mom's old 2002 sable had that happen to both bumpers. but it was after the warranty period that it became noticeable. (heat and cold seemed to cause it)

I would hope you can get some help from Suzuki. Yours sounds a lot like bubbles in the paint.

Please try to take some good pictures with a ruler for scale and post them on the sticky topic.