Squeaky/rattling dashboard anyone?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Puppy80

That sounds just like a softer version of what mine is doing. I think mine is a bit more to the passengers side. I usually try to ignore it with music, but when the radio is off I want to reach over and beat the dash to make it stop. :evil:
suzboy

Puppy80 wrote:That sounds just like a softer version of what mine is doing. I think mine is a bit more to the passengers side. I usually try to ignore it with music, but when the radio is off I want to reach over and beat the dash to make it stop. :evil:
Thanks for sharing your experience. My dash is actually quite loud, my Iphone camera doesn't do it justice ;) . Don't know if it is actually as loud as yours.......

Does your dash rattle all the time, or does it come and go? Mine all happen 20% of the time, I am guessing something to do with the expansion/contraction of plastic.

Are you intending to have your dash fixed?
2011 Mineral Grey Kizashi Prestige
Puppy80

No, mine is quite loud. I don't think I can get it fixed now as my car is 3 years old. Its weird that it just started a couple of month ago. Makes me think something is loose in there. And your right, it doesn't happen all the time. I have noticed it more when I am driving at highway speeds, then when I am local streets.
suzboy

Unfortunately for me, Suzuki does not think any rattle/squeak is covered under new car warranty :twisted: So it doesn't matter if my car is only just over one year old, I will still need to pay to have it fixed (if they could fix it).

However my dash is usually quiet on Freeways and may get noisy on local street. The exact opposite of your car.
babacu

Just to add my experience to the thread, as it took me a few days to figure out where the rattling was coming from, a couple of month ago.

Odd as it might sound, the squeaking/rattling was produced by the sun visors' vibration when resting against the headliner. Pulling them down a bit made the noises magically disappear. I'll have a closer look once it warms up a bit, but adjusting the sun visor for now is an acceptable workaround for me.

Might not be the case for everybody, but I mention it here since I also thought the noise was coming from the dashboard, close to the windshield. It wasn't until I was leaning forward while driving, trying to pinpoint the exact location of the problem spot, that I noticed the real source.

My car will be 3 years old in May, btw, close to 60k kms driven.
eatrocks

Yes mine does it too. At first the noise would start after driving for at least 45 min. Now it starts after I hit a bump at any point during driving....smacking the dash usually stops it for a while
Azure Gray 2012 Kiz SLS AWD CVT
2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6
1985 BMW 325e
1993 Subaru Impreza
suzboy

eatrocks wrote:Yes mine does it too. At first the noise would start after driving for at least 45 min. Now it starts after I hit a bump at any point during driving....smacking the dash usually stops it for a while
Hey this is exactly how my car behaves!

It doesn't rattle at all for the first 30 mins or so, and when I hit a bump (e.g. speed hump) it may rattle.

How old is your car? Mine is just over 1 year old and has around 11,000km on the clock. Are you thinking of having it fixed by the dealer?

Not sure about the sun visor thing but I will give it a try. But highly unlikely that it is the rattle.
eatrocks

nah i just smack it when it gets annoying, its not too bad.....still worried about my cvt, after i let off gas after mid to hard acceleration i heard a whistling grindy noise :o

i bought it exactly a year ago, have 10,500 miles so far...
'

yea i thought the noise was coming from the sun visor area at first, seemed to change sources. fml
Azure Gray 2012 Kiz SLS AWD CVT
2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6
1985 BMW 325e
1993 Subaru Impreza
WESHOOT2

Dirt-road insanity even, no noises.

122,642km, 2011 S AWD. Oh yeah.
suzboy

Just an update: took the car to the dealership and tech tool me and car for a road test. Some how there is a gravel laneway at the back of the dealership so the bumby ride brought out the dash rattle.

They ended up fixing it by "apply(ing) lubricant to dash alignment holes/mounts to stop dash swark". Thumbs up to them as they didn't charge me for that.

I test drove the vehicle and it seemed okay for now. I will keep an eye (or an ear :p) on it. Hopefully they have eliminated the problem once and for all.