Kizashi has Suzuki on pace for record year

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
volunteer

Hawkzilla wrote:I saw a new VW Passat in my neighborhood last night and was unimpressed. The looks of the car are just plain. In fact, I think the 2001 Passat is a way better looking car. If I was parked next to a loaded Kizashi and found out I paid $4K+ more to drive a plain looking VW, I'd be ticked.

VW having a partnership with Suzuki worries me a little. I've never been impressed with what that company has done.
VW wants access to the India market and Suzuki's technology in micro cars. Keep in mind that Suzuki is a global expert in micro cars and has outsold Honda in Japan many times. Their reputation in the U.S. is so far opposite of what it is everywhere else in the world The best thing Suzuki can get out of the VW deal is what it lost when GM went BK......engines. Throw the 2.0 turbo from the GTI or A4 into a Kizashi and it would scream. If the American public ever wakes up, VW's diesels are the best in the world. Even better.....put VW's 1.4L Twincharger in a Swift and sign me up!
Hawkzilla

volunteer wrote:
Hawkzilla wrote:I saw a new VW Passat in my neighborhood last night and was unimpressed. The looks of the car are just plain. In fact, I think the 2001 Passat is a way better looking car. If I was parked next to a loaded Kizashi and found out I paid $4K+ more to drive a plain looking VW, I'd be ticked.

VW having a partnership with Suzuki worries me a little. I've never been impressed with what that company has done.
VW wants access to the India market and Suzuki's technology in micro cars. Keep in mind that Suzuki is a global expert in micro cars and has outsold Honda in Japan many times. Their reputation in the U.S. is so far opposite of what it is everywhere else in the world The best thing Suzuki can get out of the VW deal is what it lost when GM went BK......engines. Throw the 2.0 turbo from the GTI or A4 into a Kizashi and it would scream. If the American public ever wakes up, VW's diesels are the best in the world. Even better.....put VW's 1.4L Twincharger in a Swift and sign me up!
Maybe it's because VWs had serious reliability issues as recent as 7 years ago? Their cars were serious crap and very expensive to get fixed. I'm simply not a fan of VW and have been through enough experiences to justify it. I will agree 100% about people having no clue about the solid rep that Suzuki has overseas, I know I didn't until I watched the SPEED networks test drive on the Kizashi.
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
vwoom

Hawkzilla wrote:Maybe it's because VWs had serious reliability issues as recent as 7 years ago? Their cars were serious crap and very expensive to get fixed. I'm simply not a fan of VW and have been through enough experiences to justify it. I will agree 100% about people having no clue about the solid rep that Suzuki has overseas, I know I didn't until I watched the SPEED networks test drive on the Kizashi.
So true. I currently have a 2000 Passat and since it hit 80k miles...repairs are one after another. Granted, it's costly to maintain the car...though I still find it a fun to drive German car (if trouble free that is). Which is why I'm gonna replace it and going back to a Japanese make (a Honda prior to VW)..this time it'll be a Euro-handling Kizashi.

I do hope VW would supplement a donor engine to the Kizashi (a VR6/V6, a turbo/TSI-4 or even a TDI )...at least license it to Suzuki (and hopefully they'd improve on it) and to be built in Japan, akin to the under licensed Sagara built GM High Feature 3.6L V6 for the then XL7...
TheHolyGhost

My 98 A4 and my brother's 01 Jetta both had/have innumerable electrical problems in addition to ridiculously expensive control arm replacements at like 70k.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Hawkzilla

vwoom wrote:
Hawkzilla wrote:Maybe it's because VWs had serious reliability issues as recent as 7 years ago? Their cars were serious crap and very expensive to get fixed. I'm simply not a fan of VW and have been through enough experiences to justify it. I will agree 100% about people having no clue about the solid rep that Suzuki has overseas, I know I didn't until I watched the SPEED networks test drive on the Kizashi.
So true. I currently have a 2000 Passat and since it hit 80k miles...repairs are one after another. Granted, it's costly to maintain the car...though I still find it a fun to drive German car (if trouble free that is). Which is why I'm gonna replace it and going back to a Japanese make (a Honda prior to VW)..this time it'll be a Euro-handling Kizashi.

I do hope VW would supplement a donor engine to the Kizashi (a VR6/V6, a turbo/TSI-4 or even a TDI )...at least license it to Suzuki (and hopefully they'd improve on it) and to be built in Japan, akin to the under licensed Sagara built GM High Feature 3.6L V6 for the then XL7...
Yeah, I really liked the look and feel of the 2000 Passat, but that thing was not made for the long haul. I think you will be VERY happy with the Kizashi as far as driving fun is concerned... we will have to wait and see for reliability.

I think since Suzuki teamed with VW for their engines, you can bank on the 2012 or 2013 Kizashi coming in a 250hp range turbo. The way this car handles, it would be much more suited for 250+ hp.
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic