U.S. Kizashi sales - May

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
volunteer

U.S. sales for May were 474 units. Highest monthly total so far, but still pretty dismal. Total sales for the first five months of 2010 are 1,693 units, for a monthly average of 338 units. Some points of reference:

Honda Accord - 30,077
Toyota Camry - 29,295
Ford Fusion - 22,381
Nissan Altima - 21,950
Hyundai Sonata - 21,195
VW Jetta - 10,514
Mazda 6 - 3,493
Audi A4 - 3,189 (only included this because it seems like a few folks, myself included, are former A4 owners)
lookin

Kizashi deserves so much better
TheHolyGhost

It really is a shame. Does anybody have any idea how many they shipped here?
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
lookin

clearly to me this is name brand following for instance you get so much more in a kizashi than a jetta looks bettr too
Hawkzilla

While U.S. sales might not be making a huge dent, I have read that overall the Kizashi is responsible for Suzuki reporting to be on pace for a record year. Lack of dealership availability and advertising will hamper any car from selling, no matter how great it is.

I let my friend drive mine yesterday and he was firmly impressed. I don't know, but part of me likes having a rare car that is this sweet. 8-)
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
KCKizashi

I'm one of the 474 sold in May. And i'm a former A4 driver as well.
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD
KCKizashi

Hawkzilla wrote:While U.S. sales might not be making a huge dent, I have read that overall the Kizashi is responsible for Suzuki reporting to be on pace for a record year. Lack of dealership availability and advertising will hamper any car from selling, no matter how great it is.

I let my friend drive mine yesterday and he was firmly impressed. I don't know, but part of me likes having a rare car that is this sweet. 8-)
Having a rare car is nice so you don't see a hundred other cars on the streets just like yours; however the downside is if sales aren't great, they may discontinue the model after a year or two, plus repair/replacement parts will be hard to find, aftermarket companies won't make anything for the Kizashi. Most likely since this is a new model, some buyers are waiting to see what type of issues occur duing the first year of it's release before they buy. For the long term, we want sales to go up. At least that's my 2 cents worth.
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD
TheHolyGhost

Agreed, You definitely need the model to continue on for more than a year or two if you still want to be driving you Kizashi in 8-9 years. Cheap and readily available parts are important down the line.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
lookin

I GUESS THIS IS TRUE ....but if they discontinue the model dont they still have to make parts for the vehicle by law you cant just leave people dry
Hawkzilla

My last two cars have both been discontinued after I bought them, so from that respect it doesn't look good for the Kizashi. However, neither of those car companies were investing a billion dollars to get into the expand into the U.S. so I'm not too worried as of yet.
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic