U.S. Kizashi sales - May

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
TheHolyGhost

What did you have before?
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
lookin

Hawkzilla wrote:My last two cars have both been discontinued after I bought them, so from that respect it doesn't look good for the Kizashi. However, neither of those car companies were investing a billion dollars to get into the expand into the U.S. so I'm not too worried as of yet.
This makes me mad to think such a beautiful car better than a lot could be discontinued because of sales its truly a great car
lookin

Ok im over that suzuki will take over america kizashi will lead the way
Hawkzilla

2001 Mercury Cougar (V6, manual)
1994 Ford Probe

See the trend? lol
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
TheHolyGhost

I had a 1998 Dodge Avenger which was killed. The name was later slapped on another dodge model.
The A4 and Legacy names are still around though both on new generations.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Hawkzilla

The Probe was around for a good while before it died shortly after I bought one, but the Cougar was a flat out disaster. Ford (who owns Mercury) wanted to make sure that the Cougar didn't cut into the Mustang sales, so they purposely kept the V6 engine to a humble 176hp (what was the point of having a V6?). The car was a blend of Contour parts and some Ford that I can't recall. Poor little bastard didn't hang around for long. Though I will say that other than an accelerator cable breaking, I never had boo for mechanical problems in the 9 years I owned it.
Hawkzilla

TheHolyGhost wrote:I had a 1998 Dodge Avenger which was killed. The name was later slapped on another dodge model.
The A4 and Legacy names are still around though both on new generations.
I think my sister owned that same car... it was pretty sweet.
TheHolyGhost

I got it when I was 17, it was perfect for me then. Slow enough that I didn't really get into trouble with it and it actually handled really well, so it was fun to drive. It wasn't bad looking either.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Hawkzilla

TheHolyGhost wrote:I got it when I was 17, it was perfect for me then. Slow enough that I didn't really get into trouble with it and it actually handled really well, so it was fun to drive. It wasn't bad looking either.
You're lucky, when I was 17 I had a 1978 baby poo brown Buick Skylark with white Landau vinyl top. It had steel bumpers that could stop a tank and PLAID upholstery. It was easily the biggest chick-repellent vehicle of all time. That thing finally died on a road trip to Iowa City, where I sold it for $80... which barely covered my bus ticket home. LOL
volunteer

Hawkzilla wrote:My last two cars have both been discontinued after I bought them, so from that respect it doesn't look good for the Kizashi. However, neither of those car companies were investing a billion dollars to get into the expand into the U.S. so I'm not too worried as of yet.
For the record, Suzuki invested $1 billion in the Kizashi, but it wasn't just to expand in the U.S. The Kizashi is a "world car". The V6 option they were talking about (GM engine) was being done for the U.S. market. The car itself though was on the market in Japan for several months before they even started producing cars for the U.S. market. Even then, the numbers were very small. There were some dealers that didn't even get their first Kizashi until this spring.