U.S. Kizashi sales - May

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
TheHolyGhost

Hawkzilla wrote:You're lucky, when I was 17 I had a 1978 baby poo brown Buick Skylark with white Landau vinyl top. It had steel bumpers that could stop a tank and PLAID upholstery. It was easily the biggest chick-repellent vehicle of all time. That thing finally died on a road trip to Iowa City, where I sold it for $80... which barely covered my bus ticket home. LOL
Yea, I was pretty lucky. I leveraged my success in school to con my parents in to helping me pay for a car. I got a good deal on it too. It stuck around for a while with no problems, except for my battery shorting out against my hood when I replaced it. Stupid Autozone had the wrong battery listed in their parts book and it was about 1/4" to tall so you couldn't even tell the hood was resting against it until I noticed the burn mark in my hood and the burning smell. Live and learn! :lol:
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Hawkzilla

Yeah, I understand it was a investment to expand everywhere, but obviously the U.S. is one of the biggest targets. So what I said still applies, I think with that big of an investment you can rest assured Suzuki is determined to continue to expand. My point is that this scenario is more like Kia and less like some major car company putting out some new "flavor of the week" that they don't really care if it doesn't catch on.

I really feel the Kizashi will catch on (in time) and make a big enough dent to stick around.
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
NJKizashi

It's the Name...Cool as it is...most American Buyers of new cars cant even say it..plus no one 50 & up will buy this car...I like being Exclusive anyway 8-)
jhkingsr

NJKizashi wrote:It's the Name...Cool as it is...most American Buyers of new cars cant even say it..plus no one 50 & up will buy this car...I like being Exclusive anyway 8-)
Wife's 50 and I'm 52. The wife picked out the car when she could have chosen anything (within reason) for her new ride. It's nice not seeing another one on each corner of a 4-way stop. The equipment level can't be beat. We are now empty nesters so the size is perfect for the two of us. We love our Kizashi!
2010 Kizashi SLS CVT Deep Sea Blue Metallic
TheHolyGhost

Happy to hear it! Welcome
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Hawkzilla

NJKizashi wrote:It's the Name...Cool as it is...most American Buyers of new cars cant even say it..plus no one 50 & up will buy this car...I like being Exclusive anyway 8-)
I don't get the name thing, seems to be mentioned by most reviewers but I don't think it's hard at all to pronounce. I actually like it, it has a shogun warrior fell to it. lol

Not true about the 50 or older... the same day I bought my Kizashi a couple of silver hairs bought the powder blue one right off the showroom floor. Also, I just dropped by my dealer this week and they had at least 4 new Kizashi's on the lot (two red ones) so somebody out there is buying this car.

I will agree %100 about exclusivity. 8-)
Hawkzilla

jhkingsr wrote:
Wife's 50 and I'm 52. The wife picked out the car when she could have chosen anything (within reason) for her new ride. It's nice not seeing another one on each corner of a 4-way stop. The equipment level can't be beat. We are now empty nesters so the size is perfect for the two of us. We love our Kizashi!
Welcome to the club, I hope she loves her Kiz as much as I do mine!
lookin

yeah im not buying the name thing either its a cop out ,,,i think suzuki is not a part of the in crowd of auto manufacturers in america so its the name suzuki they messing with...they in serious denial about this kizashi car.....in the end suzuki gonna win though how long can they talk down greatness...
gaww

Is youss talking to me NJ ??? (ha-ha - don't go postal on me...)

I am well north of 50 and have not slowed down yet (except on my Harley - too many oh s___'s over the years). I got it so I could hammer through the mountain roads down here and the AWD because of those mountain roads and my driveway (black diamond if at a ski area).

I hope you live and/or drive in northern NJ - it has a few good back roads there also.
NJKizashi

gaww wrote:
Is youss talking to me NJ ??? (ha-ha - don't go postal on me...)

I am well north of 50 and have not slowed down yet (except on my Harley - too many oh s___'s over the years). I got it so I could hammer through the mountain roads down here and the AWD because of those mountain roads and my driveway (black diamond if at a ski area).

I hope you live and/or drive in northern NJ - it has a few good back roads there also.
There are exceptions of course to the Age issue..but I still feel some people are NOT buying the car cause of the Name....
I Live/Drive in North Jersey..Yes...With my Job I Drive all over...12k Miles since Jan...Not a single Negative Peep out of My SLS...running better than Ever << ;)