U.S. Kizashi sales - May

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
gaww

Oh well, I just clicked off another year north of 50. I guess I should turn in my Kizashi and get one of those older model gray Buicks that many of my generation are driving around. What time is Lawrence Welk on tomorrow?

I will be traveling up your way on my way to my 50th high school reunion on LI later this month. I was thinking of riding the Harley, but not really any fun going up I 81 (but could take Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Parkway most of the way back, as I live just a few miles from it here
TheHolyGhost

Too bad Oldsmobile was killed off...

:)
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
vwoom

volunteer wrote:For the record, Suzuki invested $1 billion in the Kizashi, but it wasn't just to expand in the U.S. The Kizashi is a "world car". The V6 option they were talking about (GM engine) was being done for the U.S. market. The car itself though was on the market in Japan for several months before they even started producing cars for the U.S. market. Even then, the numbers were very small. There were some dealers that didn't even get their first Kizashi until this spring.
I totally agree. The Kizashi is a "world car".

I'd bet with the VWAG platform sharing expertise added to the mix, I'm pretty sure VW would utilize whatever unused Suzuki manufacturing capacity has onhand, and will share/rebadge the Kizashi platform/model ...to be sold either as another VW model (a Japan exclusive is a safe bet), a Skoda or even as a SEAT (a current VW problem child, dearth with models) in other markets around the world, and is not a far possibility.

Suzuki for now is a "niche" player in the US...but with the Kizashi just starting to catch fire, and hopefully the Swift would firmly make it here as well, (with $3-4/gal around) plus the economy opening up (i.e. a brand new VW dealer had just set up shop 2 miles from me)...I'd expect Suzuki US Auto to thrive, expand and would be here to stay.