high mileage kizashi?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
kizashicar

Just wondering who has the highest mileage kiz, and how long people think they will last if maintained properly??

I'm hoping to hear that these cars will last like Hondas!
murcod

The J24B engine has been around for a long time (in the Grand Vitara) - so there should be a bit of info on them. Keep in mind it has probably been updated internally over that time period though.

I think long term a manual transmission might be the safer bet as there have been some reports of problems with the CVT. (But in the grand scheme of things, I'm fairly sure CVT issues are still rare?)
David
coref1

I still see plenty of old Suzuki swifts around. I looked at one while back in a car yard that had around 350k klms on the clock. i agree there's a ? over the reliability of the cvt but there more and more cars using them so hopefully they're reapirs costs will come down as they become more common.
nytq

Well I'm at 54K in less the 3 years. 2011 SE AWD. So far no mechanical glitches whatsoever. I do perform all maintenance my self thus far and on or before time. Try to use factory parts and high end lubricants. I'm really happy so far. Only issue I've had with this car, not really the car, but who knows, is tires and tread life. It just seams to eat them up. I'm not refering to uneven wear. I mean the tire just disappears way earlier then I would expect. I'm sure its the tires brand (Went with a Nankang AS-1 after the Dunlops died at 30K) The Dunlops went because of bad alignment that I didn't catch until to late. But I think the suspension design may contribute.

Everything else has exceeded my expectation to date.

I think another member WESHOOT has the highest mileage and drives his car to death. He also has nothing but good things to say.

The CVT has always concerned me. I've never had one, and the maintenance seems so minimal that I'm always second guessing myself that I should be doing more for it. And as far as I've seen, these are not repairable. They are sealed and either work or don't. They are only replaced. So if that happens and warranty is no longer available, it will be a costly repair.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
KIZFAN2

@nytq

I also found that my tires are wearing rather quickly.

The dealer informed me that this is due to the Kizashi's camber kit. What you lose in tire wear, you make up for in handling.

A steady rotation of the tires should help mitigate the problem. I find that my front tires are wearing much faster than the rear.
2011 Kizashi SX
murcod

nytq wrote:Only issue I've had with this car, not really the car, but who knows, is tires and tread life. It just seams to eat them up. I'm not refering to uneven wear. I mean the tire just disappears way earlier then I would expect. I'm sure its the tires brand (Went with a Nankang AS-1 after the Dunlops died at 30K) The Dunlops went because of bad alignment that I didn't catch until to late. But I think the suspension design may contribute.
30000 miles from a set of performance tyres and you're complaining! I'm happy if my tyres last me for 30000km- on any vehicle I've owned. ;)
David
nytq

The Dunlops would have lasted 40K if I had checked alignment earlier. The Nankangs are just over 20K and looking poor. I expect 40K minimum from any tire. Especially when rotation, alignment, and pressures are all maintained.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
KIZFAN2

I have hit 25k with my nitto motivo tires and they have 70% tread left. I did have my winter tires on for about 15k during the winter.
2011 Kizashi SX
Ironweed

I've got a little over 43k miles on my car in about two years ... combination of a long commute every day in New Jersey, a couple of long road trips, and the fact that I just love driving the thing.

As others have said, there have been no issues with the car other than tire replacement. Tires on my 2005 Suzuki Aerio lasted over 40k, on this one I replaced the originals at around 35k.

My hope is that it lasts ages, because I am not leasing it and plan to drive it for many years ...
alandee83

2010 Blue SLS FWD with 66,000 miles on it. Only repair was replacing a blown subwoofer (under warranty). Only maintenance issue was having to replace the original tires at 24,000 miles. Have had one set Eagle GTs on since - still enough tread left to get me 10-20,000 more miles. All paint intact.